twenty-seven.

after a while, silas walked out of the room, not paying much mind to his group as he hoped to be able to say goodbye to mr. gilbert. he approached mr. gilbert, and as he did silas was met with a soft smile. "mr. gilbert...." shuffling his feet, silas fiddled with his hands, eyes nervously staring down at his feet. he was never good at this sort of thing but he felt he at least owed it to mr. gilbert. he deserved an actual goodbye, not some half assed smile and wave.

"it's alright, i understand" the man said, smiling up at silas, a shaky hand landing on silas' arm softly. "you don't belong in a place like this, it'd only slow you down" the old man added, eliciting a very small chuckle from silas. he went to speak but stopped as he notcied his group walking out of the room they were previously in, rick and guillermo in the front.

"it's alright. you stay safe, boy" mr. gilbert said, still smiling up at him as silas nodded, "you too" he muttered, softly placing a hand on mr. gilberts shoulder and squeezing softly before turning and beginning to walk away, towards his group. "you ready to go?" rick asked, only earning a small nod from silas. the group was immediately being led out by guillermo, who kept occassionally glancing back at silas.

as they reached the exit, guillermo looked at them all, stopping at silas, "i know you" he said, nodding his head over to silas. "you're that fbi agent" he added, smirking as silas wordlessly nodded. with that, silas moved to walk out, wanting to get out of there after that. he knew that the others would question him about it, he had never mentioned what he had done before all of this, all they knew was that he hunted.

words; 311

authors note;
i lowk forgot ab this cause i've been busy lately ngl but i'll try to prewrite some chapters so i can make up for the ones i missed and get back to publishing one a day