𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈

Chapter Forty-Two:
𝐃𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

❝ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 "𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭"

─────𝐑𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲

She had to breathe. She couldn't hold her breath any longer. Her eyes were starting to hurt, her vision was going fuzzy and her brain was starting to hurt. But she couldn't. She couldn't let the water into her lungs, but it was so hard. She's tried swimming up, but the more she struggles the tighter their grip is. The lower they dragged her.

Be strong, he always told her. Above anything else, try, she always said. She is trying to be strong, she is trying. But she's tired.

Her body felt on fire. The water was cold and dark, suffocating her worst than the air leaving her lungs. The water was so cold it burned. The silence was stuffy, breaking her apart. She was too tired, she just wanted peace...

She stops struggling, she allowed herself to breathe. Her lungs started to fill with water, and her nose and eyes started to burn. She stopped fighting it. It didn't hurt anymore—

"Alia!"

Accalia blinked, snapping out of her thoughts and turning to her friends. They were in Charms, supposed to be...She didn't know what she was supposed to be doing.

The nightmare of her drowning was rare, only had it a few times throughout her life. By a few times, she means about three times a year since she was five. The first time the drowning nightmare ever started was when she visited her grandmother for the first time in that godawful house. That nightmare haunts her more than anything when she has it. As horrible as it may sound, she'd take her mum's death more than drowning any day. At least that nightmare didn't feel real, she knew it had happened but she felt numb to that pain. But the nightmare of her drowning? She could feel the water invade her lungs, feel her body burn and get clawed at by whatever is holding her, dragging her down.

"Did you hear what Harry was saying?" Hermione asked, not noticing her tired and out-of-it look.

"Oh—uh," (No) "Yes, yeah, yeah, I heard. Uh, Harry almost got caught because of the egg."