𝐋𝐈𝐗

Chapter Fifty-Nine:
𝐈𝐧 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐋𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐔𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

❝ 𝐍𝐨, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥.

─────𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲

When she eventually made it to the kitchen, she had a bright smile on her face. It fell only slightly when she walked into the kitchen to see three boys. It took a moment to register why there weren't four. Accalia took a deep breath and pushed the box farther back.

Not now.

Not now.

"Noah Diggory!" Accalia huffed as she walked over to the small table in the kitchen. Noah turned to her with a sheepish grin and stood from his chair.

"Hi, Lia, how are you?"

She slapped his shoulder before pulling him into a hug. The three boys laughed at her reaction. Noah and Accalia held each other tight like they were afraid the other was going to disappear if they did any less.

"You didn't tell me you were coming back, you prat." She mumbled into his chest. He had grown, now a head taller than her. He was scrawnier, making her worried if he's been eating or not.

"I wasn't sure I was until last minute," Noah told her as they pulled away. His smile had dimmed, as had the light in his eyes.

Cedric, she thought. Cedric took it with him.

"Why weren't you on the train?"

"Dumbledore offered to let me floo in so I didn't have to deal with...everyone." Noah swallowed thickly.

Before Accalia could say something to cheer him up because no, Noah Diggory isn't supposed to be sad he deserves everything happy—Thomas let out a whistle. The two turned to him with a confused look.

"What?"

"Where did that ring come from?" Thomas pointed down at her left middle finger where the ring Harry had just given her sat.