𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

Intermission:
𝟔 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟏

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

"What's a woman like you doing here this late?" The man mused, sitting down next to her at the bar.

Dorcas rolled her eyes and kept her eyes at ahead of her, taking a drink of her beer. "Do you have it, Burke, or do I need to go somewhere else?"

"You see here, Meadows, I know what you need," Anthony Burked sighed, pulling out a small vial with yellow liquid in it. "The only question is, why?"

"What is it to you?" Dorcas asked annoyed, her eyes still ahead of her.

Burke looked around before leaning in closer, dropping his voice, putting the vial inside his jacket pocket. "Rumor has it that someone is trying to kill the Dark Lord and personally targeting his followers."

"Rumors," Dorcas mused with a huff.

"Lenna Wilkes was brutally beaten and tortured before she was died from her face being melted off," Burke said with a grimace. "Took weeks to figure out who she was. Edwin Agnewish, Eleanor Dempster, Joseph Hare-"

"Get to your point or give me the vial," Dorcas said sharply, sending him a look that made him inhale sharply.

"Wilkes and Dempster were known to be part of the ones to have killed the McKinnon family." The glare on Dorcas's face hardened. "They were so brutally killed that it's rumored the MLE had to call even the Unspeakables and even they have nightmares. Even more of the Dark Lord followers are known to have been killed but not one of them have been as bad as Wilkes and Dempster."

"My patience is running thin," Dorcas voice was calm and smooth, but the underlying threat was there.

"You are the mysterious killer aren't you?" Burke finally blurted out.

Dorcas sighed and pulled out a few sickles from her pocket and placed them on the bar. She leaned closer to Burke, placing her hand on his chest, sliding her hand upwards before leaning close to his ear. She smirked as she felt his rapid heartbeat.

"Tell your little master," she whispered. "Three more, and he's next."

Dorcas leaned back, get off the stool and walked out of the bar. She threw her hood over her head and pulled out the vial she stole from the man. Shaking her head and a roll of her eyes, she disapparted from Knockturn Alley and to an abandoned muggle house. It smelt like death and gasoline, a thing she has learned to feel safe in.

"Elle, Dora, sweethearts, I'm home," Dorcas hummed, taking off her cloak and throwing it over a busted, ripped apart couch.

"In here, Dorcas darling." Elle's voice rang out through the house.