𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

Chapter Eighty-Four:
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

❝ 𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈'𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❞

─────𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤-𝐋𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧

"No, no, no!" Accalia shouted, dropping to the floor and putting the body on her lap. Cuts littered their body and she tried. She tried to heal them, but she can't. Flashes of lights over her head stopped as she let out a loud scream. It over powered the voices coming from the white veil, it over powered the laughter, it over powered the voices in her head.

Frantically, she tried to heal the cuts, but there was too many. The voices were coming back.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Your fault.

Your fault.

Your fault.

Another one.

Another one.

Another one.

There was so much blood on her hands, so much blood all over her. No matter how many cuts she healed, it was never enough. Never enough. Always so close, but never close enough. The same vision happened over and over again. She's tried to push through, she tried to leave it, but the more she tried, the more she pushed at the edge of her mind, the more she gave up. The weaker she felt.

Usually, the nightmare just restarts after she finally decided she couldn't save them and they are dead. This time was different, was happening in real time, was actually, truly happening. How she knew that? It was darker.

She was in the middle of a cold, dark room, high as a church and full of nothing but towering shelves covered in small, dusty, glass orbs. They glimmered dully in the light issuing from more candle brackets set at intervals along the shelves. Like those in the circular room behind them, their flames were burning blue.