𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter Forty-Eight:
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

❝ 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐦, 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐚, ❞

─────𝐍𝐨𝐚𝐡 𝐃𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲

Antonio and Accalia froze at the sight in front of them. Antonio went pale and Accalia wanted to puke. She was hoping she was just going crazy. She was hoping Cedric and Harry would appear and she'd get out into St Mungos. Anything would be better than this. Harry laying weakly over Cedric crying. And Cedric—Oh poor Cedric.

The boy who is the nicest person Accalia had ever met. The boy who has the happiest smile and was the happiest person to exist. The boy that wants two kids because he couldn't imagine a life without his little brother. The boy that sends his mum flowers once a month. The boy that stops walking when he sees a first-year—most times Slytherin—crying about their house and making them proud to be in their house.

But now, instead of is, has, wants, sends, stops—it's now was, had, wanted, sent, stopped. Because he was pale. He was unmoving. His eyes were empty.

Because Cedric Diggory is dead, and Harry doesn't look that far from it.

The two of them only looked away from Cedric's dead body when they heard Mr Diggory yell and saw him, Mrs Diggory, Noah, and Thomas pushing onto the field.

"My son! My son!"

Accalia and Antonio made eye contact for less than a moment before shrugging the adult's hands off their shoulder and rushing over to Noah and Thomas. Accalia didn't even feel her pain anymore as she tried to stop Noah from seeing Cedric's body and Antonio doing the same with Thomas.

Unfortunately, they weren't fast enough. Noah dropped to his knees as he saw his older brother laying still on the quidditch pitch floor. Thomas backed away a few steps, his hands over his mouth in shook.

"No, no, no!" Noah said breathlessly, shaking his head wildly. "Not my brother. No! Not Cedric!"

Accalia dropped down to her knees beside Noah as she pulled Noah's sight away from Cedric. "Noah—Noah, darling. I know it hurts, but you have to breathe."