Thirty Six

26th May 2014

Harper

"..Please Harper,"

"I have nothing to wear,"

"You have plenty you worked in a boutique."

"I'll feel awkward,"

"I'll be there,"

I sigh realising Gemma wouldn't give up. Tonight, Lou is hosting a party for her book release. Although I was invited, I felt a bit weird being there.

I hadn't spoken to Harry or anyone except Gemma and my mum in three days. Harry had text, called and sent flowers, but I ignored all three.

"..But you'll be with everyone else,"

"Come on Harper, you'll be missed."

I huff. I knew I had to go, it wasn't about Harry and I, it was about being there for Lou.

"As long as I find something to wear,"

"Great, I'll pick you up at six then."

I roll my eyes and end the call. Damn you Gemma Styles.

. . .

"I feel awkward," I sing quietly into Gemma's ear as we enter the event. I see a few famous people dotted around, drinks in their hand.

"There she is," Gemma smiles ignoring me and walking over to Lou. I follow silently, watching as the two embrace.

When they pull back Lou greets me. "He's by the bar talking to Ed," She whispers.

"Who?"

She tilts her head as if to say 'you know exactly who'.

I smile innocently. "Oh,"

. . .

I found a quiet corner to sit in for a few minutes, I always like to have a little get away when in such a crowded place, just so I can sit and breathe for a few minutes.

Although it was about being here to support Lou, there was also a lot of networking going on tonight too. I'd met a few photographers, some website designers.. all types of professionals who gave me their cards, telling me to get in touch so we can work together.

"Can I join you?"

I look up at Harry and move my clutch bag, my eyes focus again on my cranberry juice.

"Harper, you need to know that I am so sorry about the other night. I'm so sorry I've hurt you,"

With my eyes still on my drink I find the courage to finally speak. "You shouldn't sit too close to me Harry, I might ruin your image."

He sits back, almost as if I'd slapped him. I was never one to be sharp or snappy. I'm always happy, I enjoy life, and I'm never angry at Harry.

"I was stupid and just.. I don't even know, it was months ago. I didn't know you whatsoever, I just said things and.." He shakes his head.

"It's not what you said that hurts the most, it's the fact you classed me as a girl with a child, as if that defines me. As if that's all I'll ever amount to."

"But you're not just that, I didn't know what I was talking about. Now, now.. god now I love you," He takes my hand. "I'm so painfully in love with you, I didn't even anticipate feeling even an ounce of how I feel about you. But I do, I'm so in love with you Harper,"

I felt so stupid with the butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't not be in love with him.

"I go back on tour tomorrow, but I'm not leaving until you forgive me, and say you still love me."

I roll my eyes. "I didn't stop loving you,"

"You didn't speak to me for three days, do you know how much that messed me up?"

"Good," I smirk, my guard slowly disappearing as it always does around him.

"But I need you Harper, you and Sienna."

"You have me, just.. I trust you okay Harry? And that's a lot."

"I know," He leans in. "I'll do anything for you to forgive me,"

I smirk. "Anything?"

He leans in further but I lean back. "Yes, anything."

"I want the jumper you're wearing for bed, it looks very comfy."

"I'll buy you one in every colour," He whispers in my ear making me giggle before kissing me just below my ear.

"And.."

"And take you to dinner," He kisses my nose. "And make you feel real good," He kisses my lips.

"Now you're talking,"

He kisses me until we're interrupted.

"You're together again!" Niall cheers.

"We were never apart," I smile.

. . .

"So are you still coming up to Manchester?" Harry was driving me home, I would have slept at his but he leaves for Glasgow at 6am.

"Yeah, Sienna is excited. Four days right?"

He nods pulling into my drive. "Four days,"

"I'll miss you,"

"I'm just glad we're happy again,"

I shift to my side to look at him. "As long as the bumps in the road are never too high, we'll always find a way to smooth them out."

"Or we could find hiking boots and climb them,"

I roll my eyes. "Great analogy H,"

He smiles.

"What?" I frown.

"You called me H, only my family call me that."

"Well," I shrug. "I guess we're our own family now." I smile hopefully.