Is She Safe?

Kayla's POV

"Boys, i'm going out with Nareesha. Don't wait up!" Siva said, and left in a flash. "Yeah mate i'm going out with Kelsey tonight." Tom said. "And I'M going somewhere with Mariah." Jay called. "Yep!" Mariah said. "So it's just me, you and Max." I said. "Pretty much." Nathan said. Ok, I can manage. Maybe Shawn doesn't want to come back and kill me over. Maybe he just wants to talk. Yeah, right. I've gotten a new life now and i'm not letting him just walk right into it. I just have to make sure I don't go anywhere alone for a while. 

Nathan's POV

"Nathan, i'm going to the store to get some food. Siva just texted me and told me to." Kayla said. "Do you think it's safe to go alone?" I said unevenly. "No. I need you to come with me. Shawn could be anywhere." She said. "Okay, i'm going." I said. "Let's go" She said and got up to go. She pops into Max's room for a second on her way out. "Maxxie? Me and Nath are going somewhere. We shouldn't be long so it's just going to be you here." She said. "Well okay, but what do I do if Shawn comes knocking again?" He asked. "Don't fucking answer it." I said coldly. It works up my nerve to hear his voice or to hear his name, knowing that he could've killed my beautiful Kayla. "Understood." Max said. And with that, we were gone out the door.

Kayla's POV

On our way to the car, I hear a branch snap. Probably just the wind. Then another branch snaps. I grab onto Nathan for safety. "Don't be scared love. I'd never let anything happen to you. I will always protect you." He said. "You really love me don't you." I said blankly. "Of course. You are my one and only. You are my world. You are everything I could ever want and more." He said. That makes me tear up a bit. "Nathan." I said. "Yes." He answered. "I love you so much i can't explain." I said. "You'll never know how much you mean to me and how much I love you." He said.

"Well well, if it isn't Kayla, and her 'special' friend."

We stop dead in our tracks. We know that voice anywhere. Me especially. We turn around and wait for the worst.