Cannot Be Serious

Kayla's POV

I shoot awake and find myself in surging pain. My chest, my head, pretty much everything hurts. Why am I having all these nightmares about Shawn? Seems odd, I didn't start having these nightmares until Shawn came back into my life. Now I know that I shouldn't be anywhere Shawn is. It's wayyy too risky, and anyone could get hurt. In fact, I'm amazed I'm still alive after all the pure bullshit i've been through. My thoughts are interrupted by the doctor walking in on me. "No knock or anything?" I said. "Sorry." He chuckled. "Well, why are you here?"

"I just wanted to let you know you have a new visitor. Went by the name of, Shawn I believe." He said. I froze. I couldn't believe his words. Shawn. Coming to see me? Impossible. "I--um-- ok" I managed to say. He nodded and moved out of the doorway, letting Shawn in. Then the doctor left. "Well hello Kayla. You're aren't looking particularly well." Shawn said evily. "Well I just been shot. Twice." I muttered, putting emphasis on 'twice'. "Well, not my fault. You shouldn't have stepped in front." He said. "I did it to save Nathan's life!!" I yelled. "Oh just calm down." He said. So he was playing it casual. Or at least trying to. I can see the hate and anger in his eyes and he wants to kill me. "What are you really here for?" I asked. "Simple. To see you." He said. "You think I still want anything to do with you. My Jesus you are in such denial." I said. "I told you I wasn't going away." He shrugged. "I'm sick of you trying to kill Nathan and me. I ridded you of my life years ago, how in gods name did you find me anyway?!?!" I said, raising my voice. "Saw you on the news in a picture with Nathan, and tracked you down from there." He said. Typical. "Go. Leave, now." I said. "You'll wish you-"

"LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. And he left without another word. I needed Mariah here. Come to think of it, she hasn't visited me yet. Now would be a good time to.

Mariah's POV

*vibrate vibrate* Ugh who could be calling me. Oh, Kayla! "Hello?" I answered. "Mariah, I need you down here, now." Kayla said on the other end. "The hospital? I'm on my way." I said. "Ok, and if anyone asks, tell them I just wanted you there. Nothing personal though." She said before hanging up. I got dressed quick and left without question. 

"Kayla Bareleis please?" I asked when Igot to the reception at the hospital. "That way" The receptionist said. I ran to her room and opened the door. She seemed startled when I came in. "God Mariah don't scare me like that." She said. "Oh sorry." I laughed. "So what was so urgent?"

"Sit down." She said and I sat. "Well, you know Shawn? My old boyfriend? Well, I have a story. We always seemed like a regular couple. Little did people know what went on behind the scenes." She said. "What went on?" i asked. "He was abusive, Mariah. He started drinking and smoking and whenever I did something he didn't like, I got hit. When you were in the room, he always said, 'act like nothing's happened.' Soon as you left the room, his whole demeanor changed." she said. "So that's why you broke up." I said quietly. "Yeah, so now you know." she said. "Now on another note, why haven't you come to visit me?" "I never knew until yesterday, Jay told me everything." I said. "Oh, well, guess what else?" She asked. Oh god this can't be good. "What?" I asked unevenly. "Shawn came to visit me today." She blurted. I felt my eyes go wide at that. "You cannot be serious!" I said. "That's exactly what I said." she muttered. "Nathan has to know." I said. "No. I'll tell him when he comes or something. But you cannot tell him." She said. "Okay, but let him know at some point." I said. "I have to go, the guys don't even know i'm gone." I said and stood up to go. "Ok bye" she said.

Kayla's POV

After Mariah left, I decided I should get some rest. Shawn coming here was my worst nightmare. I wish that WAS only a nightmare. But no, it was very real. He better not try anything else. No use in thinking or saying that though. This is Shawn. He doesn't stop until something stops him.