What Will Happen?, Pt. 1

"Mr. Sykes, we have bad news."

I turned, scared of what he might say. "What is it?" I asked, already near tears. "Kayla is in a coma. With the weight of her fainting and her asthma being so severe and that also being the cause of her fainting, she-"

"Wait, did you just say, severe asthma?" I asked, confused. "Yes. As I was saying. With the weight of her fainting and her asthma being so severe, she is in a coma and we can't tell when she'll be out. At least, not now." he finished. I nodded, and he walked away. "Kayla never told me she had asthma." I said. The lads all looked around, startled as well. There's no telling when she'll get up, if she gets up. "Mate, come on, we'll come see her tomorrow. Right now, we have to get home and get some sleep." Max said. I reluctantly went along with him, and we rode home in silence.

The next morning...

I was the first one up. Everyone else had been hungover and were either passed out on the couch or in their rooms. I got some clothes on, and I walked to the hospital. "Ms. Kayla Bareleis?" I asked the receptionist. "Just a sec." she replied. She gave me my visitors' pass, and showed me her room number. I walked to her room and peaked in. She looked so peaceful. She started to shuffle out of her sleep, and I just stood there. "Hi." she said. "Hey Kayla." I said. "Um, how do you know my name?" she asked. I then went wide-eyed. She remembered me, didn't she? "I'm your boyfriend, remember?" I said slowly. "I'm sorry, that doesn't really ring a bell." she said. "Come on, you've got to remember me! Nathan? Nathan Sykes?!" I was getting anxious. "You're scaring me." she whispered. "My apologies." i said calmly. "Its ok." she said. "I'll uh, be right back." I muttered.

I ran to the lobby and started texting Max. 'Max, get the boys and get down to the hospital, NOW.' it read. I waited anxiously for an answer. I finally got one back and it read, 'We're on our way now.' Good, they need to know this.