What Will Happen?, Pt. 2

Kayla's POV

 That boy, he seemed familiar, though I couldn't put my finger on it. The last thing I remember was fainting, and then...nothing. It was as if I was dead for a moment. Then, I woke up here, with no memory what-so-ever. All except for my name. And...and...Some other boy...I can't jog my memory for his name for the life of me. That's really the only things I remember at the moment.

Nathan's POV

 When the boys finally got here, I broke the news to them. "Kayla's lost her memory." I blurted. They all just stood there in shock. "You mean, she doesn't remember anything?" Tom asked. "That's exactly what I mean." I said. "Not even you?" Max asked. "No! Not me, not anyone!" I exclaimed. "We have to go see her." Tom said. "She won't remember you. I tried to get her to remember me, but I came up short." I said. "It's worth a shot." Max said, already walking towards her room. I went with him. I opened her door and she seemed startled. "Sorry to scare you." I said. "It's fine." Kayla said. "Do you remember me?" Max asked. "No, sorry." she said. "What about me?" Tom spoke up. "No. I'm sorry boys, I don't remember any of you." she said. "It's fine." They mumbled and walked out of the room. When she was out of earshot, I told the boys, "Told you she wouldn't recognize you."    "Yeah well, we still wanted to try." Tom said. I was silent after that. "I'm going back into her room." I said, and ran back to her room. "Kayla?" I stepped in. "Yes?" she said. "You may not remember me or the boys, but tell me  you at least remember Mariah?" I asked. "Who?" she asked confused. "Mariah. She's your best friend. And me, i'm your boyfriend. And those boys you just saw, they are your good friends too." i said. "Well, I don't remember them. but you, you seem vaguely familiar." she said. I lit up. Maybe there was hope for her yet. "Well, maybe this will help you.remember." I said and showed her a bunch of photos of me and her. "Looks like we made a good couple." she smiled. "We did." I whispered.  "What was your name again?" she asked. "Nathan." I said. "Well Nathan, when I get out of here, hopefully we can...you know, catch up." she said. "I'd love that." I smiled and left her room after that.