Some Things Don't Go Away

Kayla's POV

   I haven't left Nathan's side since I got in the room. The guys eventually left us alone, and said they would come back later. We talked about random stuff. Shawn, Jariah (Jay and Mariah), and somehow we had come to the topic of how we met. "That night was special." He had said. "Why?" I said, pretending to not know. "Because it's when I you." He had said. It was a quiet silence after that. I had to kiss him. I just had to. It was a urge, a need. I got up, walked over to him, and leaned down to kiss him. We kissed for a long 5 minutes. The best 5 minutes of my life, I might add. Shawn was still out there. Maybe he knew about Nathan being the hospital. Wait, of course he knew. He drove the car that ran over him. I shiver just to think about that moment. That moment, I thought I had lost Nathan. For good. My world was torn apart. And for a minute, I lost my sanity. Seeing Nathan's lifeless body...it was as if the world had shifted. But, now wasn't the time to think about that. Nathan eventually fell asleep and I left him alone. Seeing his body, not dead, but in peaceful sleep, was just beautiful. His body looked so peaceful when he was asleep. I went back into my room and fell asleep eventually to.

Nathan's POV

  "Hey Nathan. I wonder what your doing here." Said a husky voice. Shawn. I'd rip him apart if i wasn't laying in the bed with broken bones. "You know why i'm here!!" I yelled. He backed away, as if he was afraid. "Oh calm down Nathan. What can i say. Reckless driving?" He said evily. "You bitch!! You could've killed me!!" I said, almost trying to get out of bed. "Uh uh uh. Wouldn't want to damage those already broken bones, now would you?" He said, pointing at me. "And yeah. I could've killed you. It was the plan. But somehow you made it out alive. I wanted you dead so it would be easier to get to Kayla. You wouldn't be here if you just minded your own business." He said. "I'm her boyfriend you cunt, it IS my business." I said, rolling my eyes. "But like i said, i only wanted Kayla so i-" "So you could torture her and abuse her? Why can't you see that she hates you?!! She made that perfectly clear!" I said, cutting him off. "Just listen, if you make it out of the hospital, watch your back. I could kill you at any moment." He said, then flied out the door before i had time to respond.

I shoot awake and i'm breathing heavily in a pool full of sweat. Just a dream. But where's Kayla?  "Kayla!!!" I yell. No answer. "Kayla!!!!" I yell even louder. This time i get a response. "Nathan what the fuck are you yelling about?" She drags into the room. "I - I just had a nightmare about...him." I said. I couldn't even bring myself to say his name. "Aw Nath." She comes to me and hugs me. It hurts, but it doesn't matter. It could hurt a million times worse and it wouldn't matter. Then it hit me, "I could kill you at any moment." means that if as soon as i leave the hospital, my life is in even more jeopardy. As is Kayla's, Mariah's, and the lads. "Holy shit."