Words Can Break You

Kayla's POV

 I woke up to the feel of my phone vibrating. 7:00 in the bloody friggin morning. 1 new message it says. Who the hell could be texting me at 7:00 in the fucking morning? Nathan. Come to think of it, he wasn't here, so that's understandable.

Nathan: Hey love! I know it's early and you might not get this until later on but oh well. I went out to do a few things. I should be back in an hour at the latest. Love ya! Xx.

 "Hey. Im up, thanks to my phone vibrating. Your lucky your my boyfriend or i'd be chewing you out for waking me up so early. ;) see you soon. Xoxo.

I hit send and almost fall immediately back to sleep. Then my phone vibrates again. I expect it to be Nathan, but it's not. Unknown Number. I open up the message, not sure of the outcome. It reads,

"Hello Kayla. You might not know who this is, or you might., depending on if you have memory loss or not. If you recall our little 'chat' last night, you know that I will stop at nothing to make you mine again. Whether you like it or not. I'll catch you eventually. You can run all you want, but i'll just track you down again. Don't think you can just push this away. I'll catch you. And if i do, correction....WHEN i do, you'll wish you WERE in hell. I'll be watching. -Shawn.

Oh my god. "I'm so dead." I said out loud. Just then, I heard the door open and I ran out of the room into Nathan's arms. "Oh Nathan i'm so glad to see you." I said, tears running down my face. "It's always good to see you." He said once we pulled away. He noticed my face was puffy and red and he asked what was wrong. I told him to sit down and I broke the story to him.

Nathan's POV

 "Ok, i'm sitting. Now what's wrong." I said. "Well, you know this morning when you texted me? After I got done texting you, I got another message. From an unknown number, a.k.a SHAWN. He's trying to find me Nathan! He said he'd find me and won't stop at anything. I'm scared." She said, putting her head in my chest. Okay, I'm officially pissed the fuck off. I'm not taking this anymore. If he hurts her or kills her or does ANYTHING to her, I will fucking slaughter him. I don't care anymore. "Let me see the message." I said. "Okay.." Kayla said, and went to get her phone. When she got back, she scrolled down to the message and let me read it. "He can't be serious!!!!!" I screamed. "I'm afraid so." She said. "That is the last straw. I'm finished. I swear, he is not going anywhere near you. I will fucking slaughter him if he touches you. I can't even think straight because i'm so mad!!" He said. "Nathan just be calm. We can get through this." She said firmly. "I know but, I just don't want to see you get hurt by him." I said, almost to tears. "I'm scared to." We went back into my bedroom and sat in silence.

Jay's POV

 I woke up to find Mariah on my chest. A beautiful girl, she is. Can't wait until she becomes a McGuinnes. I love her so much. She shifts on her side, then wakes up. "Mmmm Ello Curly." She says half asleep. "Good Morning to you to." I say playfully. "Hey wanna go to the club?" She asks. "Tonight?" I ask. "No Jay right now. Yes tonight!" She said, hitting me with a pillow. "Hey hey! I was just asking!" he said. "I know, but I needed a reason to hit you with a pillow." She said. "Okay sure. Wanna invite everyone else?" I said, expecting another pillow hit in the face. "Well duhh!" She said, and again, I got hit with a pillow. "Hey, careful! Hair like mine doesn't just happen you know." I said cocky. "Very true. You win." She said. "Okay let's let everyone know about tonight." I say. "They're all asleep I bet." She said. "Max is usually up early. Let's check his room." I said. "Worth a shot." And she got up and wrapped the sheets around her. "Max? You up mate?" I said, opening the door. "Yes i'm up." He said, not looking up. "Well, do you want to go clubbing tonight?" Mariah asked him. "Sure!!' he said. "Nice." I said. "One down, six to go." She said, walking to the bedroom. "Aren't we gonna ask everyone else?" I asked confused. "Yeah, but I need a shower." she said. "Okay then. I'll be waiting." I said. And she disappeared in the bathroom.