the crush chap 3

*chapter 3*

So the day started off the way it always did. I got up, got ready, went to the bustop and from there to school. We had science up first and it was ok. I sat next to kharma and was really happy though that entire class. After that we did geography, which was as usual really boring. The bell rang to let us out for morning tea. Alex rushed off to get to her net ball meeting, leaving me to trudge down the stairs by my lonesome. I looked back to see Kharma walking right behind me, "hey kharma," I began, taking in a deep breath. (I don't think he realizes how shy I am) "oh hey kayleigh how are you?" I was surprised at his friendly tone, "oh I'm good how are you?" "good so what did you do for wha.... whatever holiday it was yesterday?" I smiled "I painted" "you..painted?"  I had no idea why that 'shocked ' him as much as it seemed to, but it did. "yeah I painted these," I lifted the carrier bag that contained the canvas. "well I have to run... bye." He gave a quick smile before running through a crowd of people. It took me a minute to realize I had trailed off further then I thought. "WOAH!" alex crashed into me. "I didn't see you there, hey aren't you meant to be at the stairs." I laughed a little, "yeah I was just.... yeah" I picked up my bags and walked off. Morning tea went quicker then expected but it was still rather fun. The bell rung and we went to commerse and from there I went to math. Lunch rung and I went out to find ruby. I found Kharma stood alone infront of the libary,  I could tell he too was waiting for ruby. Lucky Ruby. I envy her more then anything.

Anyway I couldn't bring myself to approach him. Lucky for me I didn't have too. "you do know Kayleigh is right there," Ruby's voice snapped me back to reality. "Oh so I didn't have to be a loner..." he dodged eye contact with me when he said it.  Kharma said bye to ruby then went a few steps away to eat lunch on a stone staircase. "hey kayleigh," her face beamed "hey," I greeted kindly. "ok so my goal this year is to get you and kharma closer." she did what I can only describe as a wink. 

I never did speak to Kharma that lunch, he talked to everyone but me, we locked eye's once or twice but each time we both looked away again. *sigh* well there is always tomorrow I guess, I just have to try harder and fix the awkwedness between us :3