Chapter 27

"No! Of course not!"

"Please, Kane. I need to. You're the only one that I can look up to. Taker would kill me if I asked him. So would Shawn and the others. Please"

"No can do, little one"

"Oh come on, Kane. I feel guilty. Please?" 

"I-"

"Pwetty pwease"

She gave him the puppy eyes. Pleading the hell out.

Kane sighed. He can't say no to that eyes.

"Okay, fine. I'll take you there. But you better promise to make it quick and do not tell the others" Kane finally gave in.

Ayla's eyes sparkled as she nodded. "Promise"

**********************

Ayla pushed her way in. 

"Ayla?" 

"Hey Dolph" She greeted him as she made her way next to the hospital bed where Dolph laid.

"What are you doing here?" Dolph coughed up before sitting up a little.

"I just came to check on you"

"Hell yeah. After sending a guy to beat me up, sure I'm fine as hell" Dolph said sarcastically. "As you can see, I'm pretty much alive"

"So you brought Kane now to beat me up now huh? Wasn't Taker enough?" 

Ayla sighed. She eyed Kane to wait outside to which he obliged, although he was hesitant at first. He managed to give Dolph a cold chilling stare, a warning to be nice or else he'd kick his ass, before leaving the hospital room.

"Dolph, I didn't come here to make a fuss or get you beaten up again" Ayla turned to Dolph. "I came here to make peace" 

Dolph's eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"I came here to settle things nicely. I wanna end it once and for all" Ayla said.

Dolph was speechless. He'd kidnapped this girl, almost trying to rape her, but she came here to make peace?

"I- just... why?" Dolph couldn't form a proper sentence but it was enough for Ayla to understand.

"I don't want to be a burden to Hunter, Shawn and the rest. They all love me, no doubt, but they all love me to an extent they'd do anything for me. Which is what scares me out. When I say anything, I actually mean ANYTHING. I don't want to be a reason of ruining another man's life which I'm sure you know what these people are pretty much capable of doing. I just want to live a peaceful life without any enemies anymore."

"I've had enough enemies already. I don't want to add anymore rivals" She added.

Dolph stared at her, trying to find the truth in her eyes which it clearly was. He gulped. A sudden rush of guilt flooded him.

"I just want to bury the hatchet. Although I know it wasn't long that we had a little misunderstanding and all, but its better than dragging it for years, don't you think?" Ayla let out a small genuine smile. "Friends?" Ayla extended her hand out.

Dolph looked at her hand, unsure whether to shake it or not. "But, no one ever wants to be my friend" He looked at her.

"Well I do"

"But why?"

"One reason cuz you're Dolph Ziggler, the current WWE Champion" Ayla joked to which he finally had an enlighten expression on his face.

"And secondly, I think you are an amazing person behind that cruel mask you have on yourself" Ayla shrugged. "You know, just Dolph"

Dolph's eyes went glassy hearing the compliment. It was the nicest thing someone has ever said to him in years. He can't believe how this girl in front of him had so much maturity in her when she was far younger than him. She was just 15 and he was 23!