03 ━ Training in the Meadow

three, Training in the Meadow

IZUMI HAD READ ABOUT MANY SEEMINGLY UNBELIEVABLE THINGS, creatures that wouldn't have escaped even the deepest parts of her imaginative mindscape, things like unicorns and flying pigs. Yet she stood in the Yamanaka flower shop, humming a quiet melody under her breath as she rearranged the countless flowers they had to offer to make the prettiest ones stand out the most and to sort out the wilting ones. What she did not expect was to be confronted by a young pug. And when the pug laid a piece of paper at his paws and then began to talk, she swore that she felt her heart stop.

Admittedly, maybe sometimes she forgot about the existence of summons.

"Yo." spoke the pug lazily, raising up his pink tiny paw in greeting.

Tiny paw. Tiny paw. Tiny pink paw. Her mind was running absolutely haywire at the sight of the pug.

Not only was he (Izumi presumed the pug was a he) absolutely adorable with his tiny, almost round, brown body, a too-big head and floppy ears which were several shades darker than the rest of his body, but also had the roundest eyes Izumi had ever laid her own eyes upon.

"Aren't you a cutie!" she squealed, placing her head in her hands as she stared down at the pug in awe.

"Boss told me to give you this."

The pug pointed with his tiny pink paw at the note which lay at his paws. Then, he looked back up at her.

"Boss?" Her brows furrowed in confusion and intrigue, and her gaze wandered down to the note before she bent down to pick it up. Carefully, she turned it in her hand before she unfolded it, making sure to not accidentally rip it. The paper was a little wet around the edges from the pug's drool, but the brunette paid no mind to the condition of it and instead focused on the content.

Meet me at training ground 3 at 10 am tomorrow. Don't be late. - Kakashi

Straight to the point, she thought.