26 ━ Among the Flowers

twenty-six, Among the Flowers

AMONG THE FLOWERS, Izumi felt safe. With the familiar presence of the silver-haired by her side, she felt completely at peace, as though there could come no harm to her. His hand lay by her side softly, fingers twitching every once in a while when he moved or spoke. His chest rose and lowered in tranquility, a sharper breath rushing past his lips every once in a while. Izumi found their meetings comforting.

The revelation of her sensei was playing in her mind over and over again as Izumi tried to make sense of the entire situation. Her sensei, a Jinchuuriki, more specifically, the Jinchuuriki of the Nine-Tails. Unbelievable. A tailed beast, sealed inside a woman so loving, so fierce? Izumi shook her head at the thought. The tailed-beast knowing for its hatred was living in a woman constantly emitting kindness everywhere she went. The contrast was absurd and at the same time fitting. What better to fight anger with than kindness after all.

Kakashi peered over at his friend, only to notice her far-away expression. "What are you thinking about?"

Izumi startled at his sudden question, choking on the air she was breathing. The brunette sat up quickly, coughing and pounding her fist on her back, cheeks burning red in embarrassment. When she could feel another hand join her own, patting her back, she felt even more embarrassment climbing up her neck.

"Are you okay?"

She waved him off, sending him an awkward smile. "Just fine. You caught me by surprise, that's all."

Kakashi looked at her warily but didn't comment on it. Instead, he laid back down again, staring up at the blue sky again. "So, what were you thinking about?"

Izumi let out a small sigh and mirrored his action, unconsciously scooting closer to the silver-haired. "Many things."

"Tell me then."

She knew she couldn't tell him about what she had thought, it was a secret after all. She herself wasn't even supposed to know and while she did indeed tell Kakashi everything, it was something she couldn't share with him.