30 ━ Jounin Recommendation

thirty, Jounin Recommendation

THE DAY WAS SUNNY, sunbeams shining down onto the two Jounin and one Chuunin as they stood off to the side of a training ground, a hasted conversation between the three of them. Izumi's forehead glistened with sweat as she stood in front of the two people whom she called sensei, panting while peering at them with a flabbergasted expression.

"But wouldn't Sen be a better Jounin than me?" Izumi's brows were furrowed in confusion as she looked at Kushina and Minato.

"Sen needs a little push, but until then, she isn't ready yet. Sen is ... too lazy sometimes," Kushina nodded in agreement at Minato's explanation. "Maybe you becoming a Jounin could motivate her."

Could she be a Jounin?

Izumi felt hesitant about the idea. While becoming a Jounin would be a great honor to her and she felt indescribable excitement rushing through her at the idea, she didn't consider herself to be ready. At the same time, she also knew that her sensei was not only much more knowledgeable on the subject than herself, but also wouldn't recommend Izumi without reason. She trusted the woman wholeheartedly.

The brunette took a deep breath, "And what do I have to do to become a Jounin?"

Minato smiled at her encouragingly. "First you need to be recommended by at least one Jounin. You were recommended by two," The blonde pointed to himself and his girlfriend, chuckling a little. "So you mustn't worry about that."

Izumi felt the heat rush to her face. "Thank you, senseis."

"Don't thank us yet because that is not all," His features turned grim. "Then you need to show mastery in at least two chakra elements. While you mostly work with yang release, Kushina told me that you excel in both water and earth because of your kekkei genkai. That is your advantage, Izumi."

"What's the bad thing? You don't look all too happy, Minato-sensei."

"You see, Izumi, there is a certain amount of missions you need to complete and all you are missing is one."