37 ~ Antonio's POV

Atlas looked around in surprise and in slight fear in response to complete terrified looks of the villagers. They scrambled form the area as fast as they could.

Atlas shook her head, pain sweeping over her face. Then she looked at me syaing quietly, almost in a whisper, "I'm sorry Antonio, I may just skip her ceremony. I wouldn't want to scare people anyways..."

Then she turned and rna off. Camilo looked at me. Wanting to comfort me. I jsut swallowed hard and said, "I'm going home. If mama asks where I went then tell ehr...:

I started walking back towards the casita before seeing Bruno carrying Eliana. She was asleep, hugging his neck with her head on his shoulder. I smiled and walked over. Bruno smiles and says,"someone told me should couldn't go to sleep without you tucking her in so we came to find you..."

I smiled and took her form him befoer she cooed softly and leaned back rubbing her eyes and yawning. I smiled at her, brushing her hair out fo her face and saying, "sorry bug, we didn't mean to wake you..."

She nods gently resting ehr head back on my shoulder. Suddenly I heard Camilo say, "she looks nothing and evyerhting like her..."

I nodded wrapping a strand of Eliana's ginger hair around my finger before saying, "I should probably get her back to the casita... or she's going to be crabby..."

Bruno nods and we all walk back to the casita. She fell asleep again about halfway there, when I got there I carried her upstairs and laid her down in my bed, kissing her forehead and putting the blanket over her.

Then I felt downstairs and found Isabella stopping me. She had an uncomfortable look before she says, "Tonito, Victor and I are calling a non-mandatory family meeting, but we would really really like it you'd attend..."

I nod, "ok, I'll go,"

She nods and I saw several people already gathered downstairs. It was pretty much everybody except the kids. Once everyone settled down Isabella says, "Ok, Victor and I called this emergency meeting, to ask how everyone would feel if we invited back Roza to live in the casita.."

I tensed and I guessed my face gave away in sudden anger because Isabella says cautiously, "and that right there is why we haven't already invited her back..."

I crossed my arms and say, "I understand that Atlas is gone, and I get that you all shouldn't have to bend to Eliana or I's needs but who knows how she will react if she finds out that Eliana is Atlas's daughter too..."

Isabella nods beofer saying, "you have a valid point Tonito, but I miss Rosa despite her faults... She's started asking to come back... I just don't want her to feel like we've forgotten about..."

I roll my eyes and muttered ot myself earning me a smack on the arm from Dolores before Dolores says, "Why don't we just keep Eliana and Roza away reach other..."

I looked up  and said, :becuase that would require constant surveillance of the two and I still want Eliana to have a childhood... not have her every action judged and mocked..."

I sent a guilty looked towards Mirabel and she just blushed and said softly, "it;s ok Tonito..."

Camilo squeezed Mirabel's shoulder before asking, "Do you think Rosa knows that she doesn't live here anymore?"

Isabella shook her head before saying, "that's not a concern for me, my concern, I'm sure as well as Tonito's, is how she will react to Eliana..."

I nod before saying, "I don;t know if inviting Rosa to come back is the best idea.. at least not until Eliana is older enough to defend herself.. or at least. Until she gets her gift."

Mirabel ndos and says, "I have to concur, I mean we all remember what happened... Rosa almost killed her..."

I got a guilty look and Dolores puts her hand on my shoulder, "there's nothing you could've done to stop it Antonio... it was coming one way or another..."

I sigh before saying, "if we invite Rosa back at until Eliana can defend herself I want someone to have constant watch on her..."

Luisa butt into the conversation with, "or, crazy idea, what if we jsut don't tell ehr who Eliana's mother is... as far as she knows it could be Sophia's... '

I rolled my eyes and muttered to myself before Isabella says, "ok... I will agree to that... Bruno, Pepa, Mama, are you  all ok with watching over the two of them?"

The three of them nod and I got a curious look before I sighs, "Eliana's gift ceremony is coming up soon. Are preparations underway?"

Everyone nodded exchanging glances and unspoken words before Dolores says, "it;ll be alright Antonio... the rest of us have been jsut as nervous as you are..."

"Yeah but none you have a child with two gifts," I reply, a look fo worry falling over my face.

Suddenly Dolores looks up and snapped, "alright, come out you ease droppers..."

The house broke into chaos all the kids running this way and that but I quickly spotted Eliana. I ran upstairs and as soon as I got up the stairs the kids dove into thier rooms. I stormed to Eliana's room and snapped angrily, "Eliana."

However as soon as I said that I heard her sniffles. I got a sort of sad look so I walked over and put my hand on my arm, feeling the irratic rising the falling of her body from her crying. I gently roll her over but she instantly said, "why are they scared of me?"

I shake my head grabbing her blanket off of her desk chair before wrapping her in it and saying, "What do you mean?"

I wiped her cheeks with my thumbs as she explained, "Hugo and Jose looked at me like I was dangerous when you said that my mama had a gift..."

I gave her a pitying look before replying, "Don;t pay attention to them... they don't understand..."

She nods reluctantly before standing up and hugging me. I hugged her tightly planting a kiss on her forehead before feeling a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me to find it was Dolores. She gave me a gently, comforting smile.i stand picking up Eliana before looking at Dolores and saying, "Will you take him to find Katrina?"

Dolores nods and walks Lucas out. Eliana was picking at my shirt when she suddenly asked, "Who is Roza? And what where you guys talking about?"

I shook my head and answered with, "when your mama still lived in the house, her and your much older cousin, Roza, didn;t get along very well... and when they were older, Roza tried to hurt your mama... she... we'll say failed, and she was sent to go live with her aunt and uncles, and now Isabella is wanting to invite Roza to come back here now that your mama doesn't live here anymore... but we don't want Rosa to hurt you..."

Eliana fell quiet like she was processing befoer she asks, "Who is my mama?"

I shook my head and kissed her forehead before asking, "Why were you guys ease dropping?"

"We are nosey little kids..." Eliana replies

I nodded and said, "very true"

Then I carried her out into teh hallway setting her on the handrail, putting my hands on her waist to make sure she doesn't fall. She watched her cousins get scolded before asking, "is she my mama?"

I followed her gaze to Atlas's door. I fell quiet before saying, "yes."

Eliana looked at me in shock before wiggling to get down. I let her down and she ran over to Atlas's door. Then she looks up and em and whines, "can I go in?"

I shake my head, "no Eliana, no one has been in there since your mother gave you to me..."

Eliana looks ups the door. It was flickering. Then she says softly, "I thought Atlas was a bad person... there are so many stories of her in the village. I thought she got a bad gift."

My face went dark and I scooped up Eliana setting her on the handrail saying, "I never, ever want to hear you say something like that again. Atlas is one of the most kind hearted people I know... you mother loves you, and the only reason she is not here is because she wants to protect all of us... and she did not get a a bad gift. No gift is a bad gift, understood?"

Eliana nodded before hugging my neck. Then I turned and we both jsut looked at Atlas's door.