What if?

Lydia laid sprawled across the bed, half on her side half on Stiles' side. She didn't feel him there at first so she plopped her arm down and hit Stiles.
"Jeez Lyds" He said with a huff. 
"Oh sorry didn't feel you there for a second" She laughed. She propped herself up on her elbows and reached out to run her hands threw his bed head. 
He smiled still with his eyes closed.
"It doesn't even feel like you left." Lydia said with her hands still running threw his hair.
"I shouldn't have, there was no reason for me too, but I don't wanna talk about this right now, I'm hungry and I gotta pee" He said sitting up. 
"Not something I needed to know." She giggled.
"Too late" 
-
Stiles and Lydia got dressed and went out for breakfast. 
"Is it just me or are these pancakes better than sex" Lydia said stuffing her face.
"I don't know about that, but they're pretty damn good." 
Lydia kicked him from under the table. "Really Stiles?" 
"Sorry" They laughed.
Lydia's phone rang in the middle of their conversation. It was Scott, of course.
"Lydia where are you?" Scott asked worried.
"At breakfast." 
"By yourself?" 
"No.." 
Stiles grabbed the phone from Lydia.
"Hi Scott" Stiles said still mouth full of pancake.
Scott hung up.
"Any particular reason he's mad at me?"
"Probably hasn't forgiven you for leaving, I guess." Lydia said taking her phone back. 
"Well I'm back aren't I?" 
Lydia didn't respond. Part of her wished she'd said something. But the other part doesn't.
-
Stiles dropped Lydia off at her place after breakfast.
Lydia got out of his jeep and waved goodbye after she fumbled for her keys. 
"Lydia?" He called for her. "Number?" 
She handed him a napkin with little pink numbers written on it. He smiled and mouthed 'call you later'. 
She waved again, and walked into her apartment. 
Scott and Isaac were looking out the window, butts out, knees on the couch. 
She slammed the door. 
They both quickly turned around and started 'playing it cool'.
"I saw you dumb-asses" She hissed.
"We weren't watching." Isaac said awkwardly.
"How did you even get in here." Isaac looked at Scott.
He raised a claw wiggling it. "Picked the lock." He smiled.
"Not surprised." She huffed putting her purse on the couch and plopped down next to them.
"Did you kiss him?" Isaac cooed.
Lydia glared at him. "Even if I did I woudn't tell you" 
"So you didn't?" Scott said as he shifted now sitting with his legs underneath him.
"No Scott, and why did you hang up on him?" 
"Um." 
"Scott." She said rolling her eyes. "Tell me" 
"Jus' not ready to talk to him." 
"And why not?" Lydia turned her head slightly. 
"I don't know what to say to him" He admitted.
"He was your best friend since you were 3 and you don't know what to say to him? Maybe 'I miss you?' Or 'How ya been?'"
"Drop it okay." 
"No. you need to talk to him, its not fair, you didn't see his face when you hung up on him." 
"I should probably go don't really wanna get involved in this" Isaac said practically running out the door.
"Fine Scott" Lydia stood up and walked to her room slamming the door.
Scott shoulders tensed. 'ugh' He let out a sigh.

We should go out later - Stiles. 
What time? - Lydia
7- Stiles.

Lydia dwelled on the thought of going out with Stiles. Where were they gonna go? What was gonna happen? Would he try to kiss her? Would she kiss him? 
Thoughts raced through her mind bouncing off the edges of her skull, giving her a migraine.
What was she going to wear? Dress or skirt? Heels or flats? 
She gripped the sides of her head and tugged at her hair and walked to the shower. She turned the handle on the faucet, her mind still wondering, why was she nervous. This was Stiles.
Were they going to date? 
She tugged and pulled her clothes off and stepped into the steaming shower, water dripping down her spine.
What if she got drunk, would she say something or do something she shouldn't?
She slid down the cool tile and closed her eyes.