Chapter 36

The decision of the head family Kim, Royoung wasn't really shocking for Jennie but to Lisa, it was.

To suddenly have a grand wedding in 3 weeks? Just how are they going to prepare that!

She knows just how tiring weddings can be! She've seen Alice, Chaeyoung's older sister, do it, saying how tiring it is will be an understatement.

It's exhausting in all aspect and to suddenly do it? In 3 weeks?! Lisa feels like it's not possible but then, Jennie's grandfather look serious. Lisa's baffled,

"Am I clear?"

Jennie sighs, defeated she gave her wife a quiet look and as Lisa met her eyes, Jennie knew right away. "We need to talk about this, Grandpa. You know we both came from the entertainment industry. We can't just get married in public like it's nothing out of ordinary."

That's exactly Lisa's dilemma. Jennie's ability to know past it is quiet astounding since there's only a handful of people who can actually read her like that, and besides, she hasn't met Jennie for 3 months and so..  yet we got married. Damn.

For Lisa that fact is really laughable. When she married Jennie it's all about unicorn, rainbow, flower and all the good stuffs. It's bias, one sided, it's something that she decided without looking or physically admitting the consequences.

Yet there's no ounce of guilt nor regret in her system.

She loves her wife like that. Lisa sighs, Jennie heard her and face the blonde girl, eyes asking what's wrong. Lisa gave her a reassuring smile and then face the older Kim and the rest of the elders.

"We can do that, the wedding. But like Jennie said, we're both public figures so I'd like it if the wedding is private with only a few close friends and relatives attending. One more thing is, I want an engagement ceremony before the wedding. If I may request, can we have the wedding after 3 months to maximize the time for the preparation and also to prepare ourselves for the commitment."

Lisa's voice was clear and with intention. She's not afraid to voice out her thoughts nor is she afraid to be reprimanded.

Royoung was impressed, "Very well, we shall do as you said." He gave his children (Dara, Jinyoung and Sahee) a look, all three adults nod in return.

"We'll prepare the engagement ceremony. All you two need to do is confirm the details. Am I clear?"

It was a tall man that slightly resembles Jiyoung and Royoung that speaks. Jennie's Uncle, Kim Jinyoung.

"Yes Uncle, we'll prepare for the meeting."

Jinyoung nod satisfied before leaving with his wife, Sahee. He needs to prepare what his father has entrusted to him and besides he's busy with the Kim Corporation.

While Jiyoung takes care of the inside operation of the company, Jinyoung is the one after the outside operation. They're like light and dark, Jiyoung takes care of the legal operations, Jinyoung is for the illegal ones.

Jennie sighs, she's getting really tired. Dara spoke after a few minutes of silence; "Lisa dear, I think you should prepare to go home. We need to inform your family about the wedding."

Lisa gulps, Yeah her family. She keeps on forgetting about her family... she's dead.

Lisa gave her wife a knowing look; Jennie cleared her throat understanding just what Lisa's talking about with just one look.

"Mom, can we talk alone before going through the plan?" Dara contemplates it but Jennie's giving her a look that leaves no room for negotiations and although Dara found it impertinent, she just rolled her eyes and let her daughter have her way.