Chapter 28

Jennie woke up because of an incessant tapping on her arms. She open her eyes only to see her manager eyeing her with a pointed look.

"We're at your house. Jisoo already got home, she said not to wake ypu up since you look so tired. You should sleep after you freshen up. I have food coming so you don't need to cook."

Jennie couldn't really understand it that well, her mind fresh from sleep and still in daze but she nods anyways.

"Mmm. Thanks Cha, I'll call you later." The driver took her luggage out as she step out, waving goodbye to her manager.

Chahee wants to atleast makes sure that Jennie get in safely but Jennie push her back to the car.

"Will you be alright?" She ask in worry. It's not that it's the first time. Jennie tends to send everyone away whenever she feels like she've taken most of their time, or that they spend way too much time together. It's like they're telling them to leave her alone, indirectly.

Jennie smiles, her house maid greeting her politely and getting her luggage inside her gigantic house. "Yeah, You don't have to worry. I'll call Jisoo-Unnie later. And I'll always call you if I ran into some problems, which I won't, but I'll call you anyways." Jennie's tone is reassuring but Chahee can't still help but worry.

Nevertheless, she sighs and decided to just trust her best friend and artist. "Make sure you do. And Jen, remember to be careful, yeah?"

It was a concern and also a warning. A concern for her not to be careless with her love, a threat to take it with her affection. After all, the world isn't so kind with a love like hers.

"Yes. Yes. I'll be careful." Jennie didn't take offense on that. Rather, she's thankful, she knows Chahee means well. It's not something she should get angry over.

"I'll see you then?"

Jennie smiles, this won't be the last time they'll see each other. However this woman in front of her acts like Jennie will leave the industry. What a sap.

But Jennie didn't say anything further. She shrugs her shoulder in nonchalance. "Of course, we'll see each other."

After saying their goodbyes, Jennie watch as the black travel van vanish out of her sight before she went inside her mansion.

Rina greets her, welcoming and with gentle eyes. Rina is her nanny when she was still a kid. Now that she grew up and has a job of her own, she hired the old woman to be her head maid- also to be her head house employee. In short, Tina handles all the affairs inside her house.

"Thank you, Rina. Someone important will arrive. Make sure to prepare the utmost and immediately guide her into my room once she've arrive."

Upon hearing her master's wishes and order, Rina grew confused and curious.

"I understand, Lady." But it's not her place to ask nor does she have the authority to do so.

However, this is the first time in her entire lie living as Jennie's maid that the brunette cares about how the house would appear to one of her visitors. It almost sounds as if the young lady wants to impress her guess.

Rina dismiss the thought and starts working. If it's an important guess, she has a lot of work to do.

-

Jennie feels the stickiness of her body so it's not a surprise that she craves to shower the moment she enters her master bedroom.

She strip her clothes without much of a delay and then finish washing up after a few minutes.

Wearing a new silk pajamas and finished drying her hair off. Jennie proceeds to get her phone, eyes twinkling and lighting up when she saw an unread message from Lisa.