Chapter 14:

• Jordan's POV •

The second I finally got home, I pulled up Twitter. It's 8:14 for Eden right now. I hope she's not busy. I want to talk to her, finally. I spent most of my flight thinking about her and what I wanted to say. "How are you?" I typed out. I cringed a little. All I wanted to do was get to know her. Maybe I'll ask her to skype. I erased my message. "I think you're really gorgeous, do you want to maybe skype sometime?" I typed. Too forward? Maybe. But I didn't care. All I know is that I needed to talk to her. I needed to hear her voice. I realized suddenly that I never heard it. That thought alone propelled my thumb forward and onto the send button. But what if she doesn't like you. God damn it. I hate my mind. I can't control my thoughts. I tried to push the thought away because it was making my stomach hurt. Would all of this be for nothing?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"No thanks" Eden said to me. Her voice was beautiful.

"Eden?" I asked. "Please"

"Goodbye, Jordan" she said and turned to walk away. We were in a crowd full of people but I kept my eyes on her.

"Eden, no" I screamed. No one around me noticed my protests and Eden started to glide through the people. I kept my eyes on her and tried to follow but people were in my way, I was stumbling through the people. I lost sight of her but started to run as quickly as I could in the direction I last saw her. I can't lose her again. I just found her. I started to scream out to her but there was no response. People were starting to turn towards me now and it was almost like they were purposefully trying to block me from Eden. I spotted her finally, a few feet away. She was smiling over her shoulder.

My eyes opened. I was breathing heavily and my heart was beating quickly. Tears in my eyes. Wonderful. My brother came in a few seconds later.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked. "I heard you screaming" I sighed.

"I'm okay, just a bad dream" I said. He closed the door. Fuck. I had a migraine. It was one in the morning. I got up and grabbed some Tylenol, I still didn't have any reply from Eden. Maybe she fell asleep early. I could really use some vodka right about now. My head pounded in response. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face. It helped a little. I tried to go back to sleep without another nightmare.