Chapter 43:

• Eden's POV •

I woke up the next morning to the sound of rain lightly tapping against my window. I was tangled within Jordan and the covers as I looked up at it. I was lying on Jordan's bare chest, lightly floating up and down with his breath. I could hear his heartbeat singing with the tapping of the rain. I was content. Jordan was still sleeping but it looked beautiful and I was enjoying just listening to all of the wonderful sounds around me. I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life like this. Thunder reverberated throughout the entire house, making me jump. Jordan's strong arms wrapped around me which instantly soothed me. His eyelids fluttered open and he already had a smile on his face.

"I wish I could wake up to you every morning" he said. It was like he read my mind. I gave him a slow, passionate kiss. It was the kind of kiss that still gave me butterflies. He ran his fingertips up and down my back and sent a shiver throughout my entire body.

"Do you want to dye the eggs?" He asked softly. I nodded but didn't move from my place of lying on top of him. I let out a small laugh.

"I don't want to get up" I said. Jordan joined in my laughter. What a beautiful sound. Every day he finds a way to take my breath away. He wrapped his arms around me and gave a little squeeze. There is nowhere in the world I'd rather be.

Eventually I got up. Jordan was getting a shower while I boiled the eggs. I was softly humming to myself as I waited. I didn't hear Jordan get out of the shower as I was draining the water. I set them back on the stove and Jordan's arms snaked around me from behind. God, it felt great to be in his arms. His arms were completely wrapped around my waist and he set his head on my shoulder, looking down at what I was doing.

"I'm almost finished" I hummed. Everything was always said so quietly around Jordan. We were peaceful and serene and I was in love with it and him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Okay, so do you write names on them or anything?" Jordan asked, looking at the eggs and cups of dye spread out on the table. I took a deep breath.

"Honestly, I haven't celebrated any holidays since my mom died. It wasn't the same" I said. Tears were forming in my eyes at the thoughts of my mom working all day to make a great meal for all of us. "She used to make these super cool Easter baskets for me and my brother. And we would have Easter egg hunts and a big dinner and it would be so much fun" I said. A tear fell down my cheek and Jordan pulled me into him. For once, I didn't hold back. I let myself cry. It felt good to finally get it out. Jordan hummed in my ear as he traced small circles on my back. Where would I be without him?