Chapter 38:

• Jordan's POV •

"Please don't ever feel like you're alone. I'm right here" I said, tracing small circles on Eden's back. She looked up at me.

"What happens when you leave?" She asked, her eyes still wet with tears.

"Then I'll be right here" I said, pointing to the spot on her chest over her heart. She laughed.

"You're a dork" she said. I laughed. "You always know how to make me smile" she said. I kissed her forehead.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. She nodded.

"We can go to this one place. It's really good and right down the street" she said.

"Whatever you want" I said. She walked into her room and blushed a little at the sheets lying on the floor from our encounter a little while ago. I let out a laugh as she placed them back on the bed. I pulled her towards me. "You're just going to have to fix them again later" I said. She gave me a sweet kiss but pulled away before I was ready. Her eyes were still closed and she was biting her lip.

"Food. We're going to get food" she said, more to herself than to me. She slipped on her shoes and then held onto my fingers as we walked out to the car.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"This place is really fun. You seat yourself and just kind of hang out, it's cool" Eden said as we pulled into the parking lot. We walked in, hand in hand. It was mostly people our age and I felt proud to be here with Eden. She was the hottest one here.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" a voice said from behind us. I turned around. Shit. "I can't believe you flew all the way out here for her" Kennedy said. She seemed a little drunk.

"Where did you get alcohol from?" Eden asked, fanning away the smell coming from Kennedy.

"It's not hard, you stupid bitch" she said.

"Hey!" I said, stepping in front of Eden a little bit.

"Hey, cutie" she said with a smile.

"Come on, Jordan" Eden whispered, tugging at my hand.

"I'm tired of people treating you like shit when you're the greatest person I've ever met" I explained. Eden smiled and gave me a small kiss. When we pulled away, Kennedy was out of sight. I laughed. "Hopefully we won't have to deal with her for the rest of the night"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As we were walking out of the restaurant, Eden and I both spotted Kennedy taking another shot. She looked miserable.

"I feel kinda bad" Eden said to me.

"You deserve better than her" I said immediately.

"Look at her" she said, but I was already looking. "What do I do?" She asked. I let out a sigh.

"I don't think you should do anything" I said. Kennedy spotted us then and held up her middle finger, high in the air.

"Fuck you guys" she said as she downed another shot. I laced my fingers with Eden's and pulled her out to the car. It was pretty late now.

"Let me drive" I said.

"You don't know where you're going" Eden answered.

"Let's get lost together" I said. I could hear the excitement in my own voice. "Or let's just adventure a little bit" I could see the smile forming on Eden's face, even in the dark. She tossed me the keys as we switched sides.