Chapter 39:

• Eden's POV •

Watching Jordan do little things still fascinated me. I could not stop looking at him while he drove. I think I understand why he is always staring at me. But his hair was lying messily on his forehead and his fingers were wrapped lightly around the steering wheel. It was a beautiful sight. He laughed.

"Now I know how you feel" he said, lacing his fingers with mine.

"You're the cutest" I said.

"Do you know how happy you make me?" He asked, giving my hand a small squeeze. I nodded.

"Actually, I do. You make me that happy too" I responded.

"Not possible" he said, shaking his head.

"Shh" I said. He smiled.

"Is there anywhere away from the city? Somewhere with less light pollution?" He asked.

"Yeah, keep driving this way" I said, pointing. "Maybe I should be driving" I said with a laugh. He shook his head.

"I've got this" he said.

"Turn down this street" I said, motioning to a small dirt path. We started driving through the woods. I rolled down my window, it was surprisingly warm tonight. The fresh air was filling my lungs. The only thing I could hear was the tires on the road. The woods opened up to a small field with a perfect view of the sky. Jordan stopped the car in the middle of it and looked over at me. I could see his smile even in the dark. He jumped out of the car and ran over to my side, opening the door. He held out his hand and helped me out.

"I have a few blankets in my trunk" I said, walking back. I pulled them out and handed Jordan one. He spread it out on the hood of my car and jumped up. I smiled and hopped up with him. I grabbed the other blanket and pulled it over us. I snuggled into Jordan, looking up at the stars.

"Can we just sleep here tonight? I don't want to take any chances that my dad might be home" I said.

"We can do whatever you want" he said, kissing the top of my head. I fell asleep in Jordan's arms, the sounds of his breathing comforting me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Eden wake up!" I heard Jordan say. I groaned but opened my eyes. Jordan was fully awake. He looked like a little kid on Christmas. "The sun is coming up" he said. I smiled at him and sat up. Ow.

"Sleeping on the hood of a car isn't the most comfortable thing we could have done" I said with a laugh. He grabbed my hand and looked at the sky. We watched as the sky turned from Orange to pink to yellow. It was beautiful. Jordan was sitting a little bit behind me. I glanced back, smiling. He had his phone out.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He laughed as he typed something in his phone. I pulled mine out of my pocket and saw that he had posted a picture of the sunset, with me smiling on the side of the picture.

The most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Oh and the sunset is pretty nice too. It said. I leaned over and gave him a kiss.

"You're a dork" I said. We both started laughing.