Chapter 54:

• Jordan's POV •

"That's what happened. I'm sorry I got drunk. I know this is my fault. I just missed you so god damn much" I explained. Eden stroked my cheek with her hand, tears in her eyes and a smile on her lips. She leaned down and placed a small kiss on my lips. I took a deep breath as I looked her in the eyes. "So are we okay?" I asked softly, while playing with her fingers. She nodded slightly.

"You must care if you flew all the way back out here" she said.

"I love you so much" I said, putting emphasis on every word. "You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me"

"What happened to your face?" She asked, lightly brushing her fingertips over my bruise. I winced a little and she snapped her hand back. "Did I hurt you?" She asked, fear in her voice. I laughed a little.

"No, I'm okay. I got in a fight for you. Pretty hot, right?" I said. She joined my laughter. "Let me go to the bathroom and clean myself up, okay?" I said. She nodded and we stood up.

"Wait, let me go first" she said. She looked kinda shaky.

"Why?" I asked. She let out a small giggle but I could tell that it wasn't sincere.

"I just have to clean up something" she said. I followed her to the bathroom, my eyebrows knit into a frown.

"Eden," I said before she went in.

"It's okay" she said with a small smile. She opened the door and slid in before I could see anything. I immediately grabbed the door knob and opened it before she could lock it. There were pills scattered across the floor and in the sink. A ton of pills. My heart dropped into my stomach. Eden was shaking as she scooped them all up, throwing handfuls into the toilet. She wouldn't look at me.

"Eden," I said quietly. I could tell that she was crying from her uneven breathing. I lightly grabbed her arm and she dropped the pills again and wrapped her arms around my waist, burying her face into me.

"Please don't ever leave me again" she said, her voice cracking. "Don't leave me alone with my thoughts" she cried into me. My heart broke for her.

"I packed a pretty big bag" I said. She gave me a squeeze but didn't say anything. She just cried. I kissed the top of her head and then rested my chin on it. I rubbed small circles on her back. "I'm not leaving you this time"