Chapter 53:

• Eden's POV •

I woke up to my alarm. Great, time for school. I got up and noticed I was still wearing Jordan's tshirt. The tears started falling as I ripped it off of me. I threw it on the ground and then kicked it under my bed so that I couldn't see it. I pulled some clothes from my closet and slipped them on. It's going to be a long day. I drug myself into the kitchen to have some breakfast. I saw my reflection. There were dark circles under my red, puffy eyes. Tears were still falling but I was too exhausted to even wipe them away. I opened my cupboard and an Easter egg fell out, opening as it hit the counter. A piece of paper fell out and I couldn't help but read it.

I love what you do to me. You bring out the best in me. It said. I crumbled it up and threw it and the egg across the room. Tears fell faster than ever as I set my head in my hands. I watched as my tears dripped onto the countertop, creating little puddles of despair. I grabbed a granola bar from the counter and drove myself to school.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I pulled my hood over my head as I walked into first period. The lights were off and there was something playing on the projecter. Everyone looked at me when I walked in. I looked up at the screen. It was the video of Jordan kissing Heather. Kennedy was standing at the front of the room with a smug smile on her face.

"That's right, everyone! This is Eden's boyfriend" she said, pointing at Jordan. "But that's not Eden" she said. I didn't know what to do. I stood there in shock as Kennedy smiled at me.

"Fuck you" I said quietly. I turned around and walked out of the classroom. I held in my tears until I got out to my car. I would not give Kennedy the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Not even an hour after I got home, my dad was calling me. I hadn't talked to him since he left before Easter.

"Hello?" I said.

"Why did I just get a call from your school telling me that you've been skipping school?" He asked. I let out a sigh.

"Because I have been skipping school" I said simply.

"It's because of that boy, isn't it?" My dad yelled.

"No, Kennedy's a bitch. I'll go back tomorrow, I swear" I said.

"Eden," my dad said but I hung up. I was not in the mood for him to lecture me. He's not even here. He knows nothing about me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I laid on my bed, staring at my ceiling. I knew Jordan's shirt was under my bed. I wanted to put it back on but I knew it would only hurt more. I hadn't stopped crying since I got home. I have no one. My family is gone. Kennedy is gone. Jordan is gone. I walked into my bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet. My dad had a few bottles of pills left in there. My hands were shaky as I grabbed one. The pills rattled around. Who would even notice I was gone? My dad would be able to do what he wanted without having me as a burden. I dumped the bottle of pills into my hand. I was shaking so much that a few fell to the floor. I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked broken. Completely and utterly broken. I stared at the pills in my open palm as the tears blurred my vision. I started to bring my hand up to my mouth but someone knocked on my door, causing me to jump and drop all of the pills into the sink and onto the floor.

"Shit" I said, looking at all of them. There was another knock. It sounded urgent. I wiped my eyes a bit and walked quickly to my door, opening it.

Jordan.

He looked awful. There were dark circles under his eyes and a bruise under his left cheekbone. The usual sparkle in his eyes was gone. Tears started spilling from his eyes the second I opened the door. He immediately fell onto his knees and wrapped his arms around my waist. He had fistfuls of my shirt and he was crying into me.

"I am so sorry. Please let me explain" he said. Tears began to fall from my eyes again as well. I sat down on the floor next to him and lifted his face from my torso. I nodded.

"Please explain"