Chapter 23:

• Eden's POV •

Beep.
Beep.
Beep.

I groaned. My alarm was going off. Jordan was still asleep on the screen in front of me and I smiled. I got up to shut off my alarm and start getting ready for school. Ugh, school. In a perfect world, I would crawl back into bed, preferably into Jordan's arms. That brought a blush to my face.

"Morning, beautiful" Jordan said, his eyes slowly opening. He always knew how to make my heart flutter with delight. I clicked the off button on my alarm and glanced at the time. Wait. 7:00?

"Oh shit" I said. I had about 20 minutes to get ready and get to school. "Oh shit, shit, shit" I mumbled, unplugging my earbuds so I could still hear Jordan.

"What's wrong?" His voice said from the computer. I was standing out of view, quickly changing into a pair of leggings and a tshirt.

"I'm gonna be late for school" I called to him.

"I'm sorry" he said. I popped my face back into the camera and smiled at him.

"It's not your fault. I'm gonna go though, we can skype when I get home?" I asked quickly and out of breath.

"Yeah, of course" he said with a smile.

"Okay, bye, I love y-" I stopped mid word. Jordan sucked in a sharp breath. He looked surprised so I just hung up. Nice fucking job, Eden. It was a natural response. Whenever I'm on the phone or something, it always ends with an "I love you". Shit. I felt so embarrassed. I didn't have time to hate myself though. I ran out to my car and sped to school.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Even though I was late to school, I couldn't bring myself to get out of the car. Jordan has been a nice distraction from Kennedy but now I had to face her. I had quite a few classes with her so this day was not going to be easy. My hands were shaking so I clenched the steering wheel. I haven't checked my phone since I hung up on Jordan. I grabbed it. I could feel a panic attack coming on just from the thought of seeing Kennedy today. Who would I eat lunch with? Oh god. I hate standing in front of people. I would have to wander through the cafeteria to find a new place to sit. My breathing started to quicken and the shaking was still intense. I looked at my phone. There were a few texts from Jordan.

Have a nice day at school
I can't wait to talk to you tonight

Nothing about me almost professing my love for him, thank god.

Jordan please help me
I'm having a panic attack

A few tears were falling now. And I waited anxiously for Jordan's reply.

Hey, it's okay
What's this about?

I took a few deep breaths and then he was calling me on skype again. I answered, shakily. He popped up with concern on his face.

"Hey" he said tenderly. I was trying to control my shaky breaths. I let out a little laugh.

"I feel like I'm always crying in front of you" I said, wiping a few tears away.

"I'm glad you feel comfortable enough around me to share your feelings" he said. I nodded.

"I trust you, 100%" I said. He smiled. I was so grateful he wasn't bringing up the whole I love you thing. Love? After two days? I don't know. I feel something for him that's for sure.

"Are you worried about Kennedy?" He asked softly. I nodded.

"I sit right next to her first period. We share a table" I said, clutching at the steering wheel once again with my free hand.

"Okay, put in your earbuds" he said. I did as I was told. "Now go inside, I'll stay on skype with you until you feel comfortable. You don't have to speak. I'll just talk to you, okay?" He said. I don't think I had been more relieved.

"It's five am" I said.

"Yes it is" he said with a smile.

"Thank you so much" I said. I took a deep breath and stepped out of my car. The walk to first period seemed to be exceptionally short today but I had Jordan's voice humming along in my ears. I walked into first period, showing my teacher my late slip. She nodded for me to sit down. Everyone was staring at me.

"It's okay" Jordan cooed in my ear. You're okay, I repeated to myself. I went to my seat. Kennedy wouldn't even look at me. A few giggles came from some guys in the back. "Ignore them, sit down. You're okay" he said. I set my phone down on my desk, not thinking about it. Kennedy glanced over and saw Jordan's face on the screen.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She said. A few kids around us looked over. Shit.

"Uh oh" Jordan said.

"You're seriously talking to him right now?" She said. She didn't sound as mad as I thought. I kept seeing her sneak glances at Jordan.

"Kennedy, I'm sorry" I said. Jordan shook his head.

"You shouldn't be sorry for this. It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault" he said.

"I thought we were friends" Kennedy said. That crushed me.

"Do you want to talk to him?" I asked. Jordan's head popped up.

"No, Eden. I don't want to talk to her. She made you feel awful" he said.

"Please" I said quietly into the mic. Kennedy was staring at the screen. The anger on her face had vanished.

"Can I?" She asked. I nodded.

"Only if you'll forgive me" I said but she was already pulling out my earbuds. Within seconds, she was holding my phone and waving to Jordan.

"Hi" she said with a smile. She was holding the camera far too low. It was obvious that she was trying to fit her boobs into the video because she was cutting off half of her face. I couldn't hear what Jordan was saying but I saw Kennedy's face change to a frown. Uh oh. I grabbed my phone from Kennedy and she stood up, storming out of the room, a few tears falling from her cheeks.