Chapter 47:

• Eden's POV •

Empty. My entire house was empty yet again. As I opened my bedroom door, I half expected to see Jordan's topless body tangled within the covers. But he wasn't there. And he wouldn't be there for quite a long time. My eyes hurt from crying and I felt tired. I walked over to my bed to try to sleep but the second I laid down, it didn't feel right. Jordan wasn't here to wrap his arms around me and I couldn't snuggle my face into him and breath in his scent. I sat up in bed and set my head in my hands. I don't know if I can do this. I saw a piece of fabric peeking out from under my bed. I grabbed it. It was one of the tshirts Jordan had brought. It probably ended up under the bed the day that I basically ripped it off of him. I could still feel Jordan's hands on my skin. I brought it up to my nose. It still smelled like him. I took off my leggings and shirt and slipped Jordan's shirt over my head. It was the closest thing I was going to get. I laid back into my bed. Jordan's scent was everywhere. I wrapped myself in the blanket and tried to get some sleep while Jordan flew home. I hardly slept last night. I closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. I felt alone, empty. Jordan wasn't here to wrap his arms around me and make me feel safe and loved. He won't be able to do that for a long time. A tear dripped onto the pillow next to me. It feels like someone has ripped out my heart and it flew away with Jordan. But no, that's not right. I can feel my heart aching so I know it's still here.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After about an hour of trying to sleep, I got up to use the bathroom. I saw my reflection on my way out. Jordan's tshirt went to the middle of my thigh. I looked awful. No sleep and constant crying can do that to a person. As I walked back to my room, I realized that my house felt foreign to me. With Jordan here, it felt like home. Now that he's gone, it feels different. I think that I could be anywhere in the world and it would feel like home as long as I was with him. He is my home.