Chapter 17:

• Eden's POV •

Jordan and I talked for awhile. His hair was a mess but it looked absolutely adorable. He wouldn't stop smiling. Thoughts of Kennedy kept popping up but I pushed them out of my mind. I deserve to enjoy myself. Jordan kept complimenting me and I was honestly speechless. I didn't see how this could happen to me. Jordan is the sweetest person I've ever met. It was the first time I had even talked to him and I already felt connected to him. I had changed positions so that I was now laying down on my bed, the screen showing my torso and up. Jordan was laying on his bed, his laptop sitting on his stomach.

"Do you believe in second chances?" I asked. He scrunched up his nose and my heart melted. He was so god damn cute.

"I don't think so. I think that whatever you do reflects upon you. You can't apologize for being yourself" he said.

"I disagree. I think people can change. Everyone deserves a second chance" I said.

"Maybe you just have a more pure outlook on the world" he said, with a shrug. I glanced at the little thing on skype that tells you how long you've been on. It was approaching 3 hours. "Are you busy today?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I have absolutely nothing to do until Monday, which is school so..." I explained. It was Saturday. "You've graduated right?"

"Yep, but no family stuff?" He asked. I gave him a small, sad smile.

"What family?" I asked with a defeated chuckle. His eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I explained to him my entire situation. I'm not sure why. The only person who knows this much about me is Kennedy, but I felt comfortable with Jordan. There was something about him that just made me want to tell him everything. He listened intently to my every word.

"I'm so sorry" he said. I shook my head and smiled.

"Don't worry about it" I said. "I have you to talk to"

"You definitely have me" he confirmed. I smiled. He was so cute.

"Would it be weird to tell you that I really like you?" I asked.

"Yeah, but we can be weird together because I really like you too" he said. I don't know who's smile was bigger after he said that. I felt my heart fluttering around inside my chest. We continued talking for a few more hours and I would catch him occasionally taking screenshots of me. I would always yell at him but I secretly loved it. I loved the fact that he even wanted screenshots of me. I also loved the little laugh that escaped his lips every time I yelled at him. "I can't help it" he said. I scrunched up my nose like he did before. He laughed as he took another screenshot.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was almost 6 o clock by the time I hung up with Jordan. His brother wanted to go out to dinner and as much as Jordan protested, he made him go.

"I'll skype you tonight, okay? If you want to" he said. I nodded a little too enthusiastically and he let out a giggle. "Okay, I'll talk to you soon" he said, and hung up. About a minute later I was tagged in a few photos. They were the screenshots from our skype call. I read the caption.

Thanks guys, I found her.

My heartbeat started to pick up. He tweeted about me. My notifications started blowing up.

Who is that?

She's so pretty omg

Are they dating

She's a fan ???

He looks so happy

That one made me smile. He did look happy. I started to get a ton of notifications from people following me. I doubled my follower count within an hour.

And then the only thing that could ever ruin this moment happened. Kennedy's text lit up my screen.

What is going on with you and Jordan? Please tell me this is a joke