chapter 18

"Bag and purse" (parker)

"Check!" (Chelsie)

"Matching clothes"

"Check!"

"Cakes, pies and Cookies"

Chelsie looks in her purse to fig the bag of bunny cookies. Then looked in the car trunk to see it filled with pastries. She turned to him showing her thumb.

"Check!"

"Daddy's little angel"

"Here!" She shouts in the back seat

Parker chuckled buckling her in her chair in the backseat, he kissed her forehead smiling as he sits back in the seat and buckled himself down then drive.

Taylor finally arrived at the get together with the kids, he was clearly not happy and neither was Ray on his part. Jordan was playing his games on his tablet not revealing his sadness at his parents coldness.

Taylor put on his fake smile to hide his sadness or his declining marriage, he walked in smiling to the others holding Railey, Ray was holding the store bought pudding. He didn't even bother to pretend to be happy, the others welcomed them as Jordan go played with the other kids.

"Hmm aunty said that parker won't be coming" Lenora said,

"Why? He seems like his taken over an entirely knew leaf?" Taylor asked in disbelief

"I know right, but you know in this family once your divorce your no longer welcome whether your living better off divorce or your remarried. One your female or a ger and divorce your not welcome, such a messed up family right?" Lenora asked.

Lenora was only 20 and her parents are already looking for suitors for her, she wanted to finish college and get a job like Taylor once did. She didn't want to pursue marriage yet but her parents didn't care and pretty much ignored her ideals.

For Lenora Taylor was the only one who understands her, she wanted to have someone who truly loved. She knows her brother is struggling now and doesn't know how to help him, she wish she could tell him to divorce but he loved this family and wanted to remain in contact with him.

"Clarice, your stew smells mouthwatering" Janet Taylor's mother said "you must be proud of her Angela" Janet smiled.

"Ofcourse she's the apple of my eyes"

"All's left is to have a little bun in the oven and your family is perfect.... um you are planning having right?" Janet smiled

Clarice looked at James her husband and frowns for a second then smiled again.

"We are thinking about it" she said sweetly

"You should hurry your not getting any younger and I know your still hurting over your son but his in a better place think good thinks" Janet said

Clarice wanted her to stop talking so only smiled and nods. Angela and Janet went to talk and check on the food as everyone minding their own businesses.

"Sorry I'm late!" Parker shouts walking in gently with the cakes and baking safely in their containers.

"We brought cookies!" Chelsie said carrying a small bag of muffins.

The aroma of the pastries and cakes filled the air, the sweetness of everything was mouthwatering. The wives and husbands looked around at them.

Angela didn't look pleased at all then parker walked up to large table.

"Little help please" 

Parker's elder brother Sharon helped take them down and placed it on the table.

"Ffuuu~" he let out a breath of relief he then stooped down, "fist bump" he smiled at chelsie.

"Huggies" she hugged him around the neck.

Sharon smiled at how well was treating chelsie, he knew their was hope in his little brother even if no one saw it.

"What are you doing here?!" Angela asked out loud

Parker smiled then stand up.

"Chelsie why don't you go share your cookies with your cousins"

"Okay!" She smile walking off "bye bye captain mommy"

She ran off in her neat white dress holding her cute bow hat that had a flower at the side. He her hair was done in cute pigtails which only made her short hair looked cuter.

Parker was wearing a wearing light blue shirt and white vest with a white bow hat that matches child. Both child and mother had a blue line within it. Parker stand and smiled happily.

"I'm here because I was invited" he said nicely