chapter 67

Two months flew by, James came in smiling at Clarice with a slice of caramel cake, he looked at her already large tummy.

He feels some skepticism if the child is his but he will give her doubt, they are trying to fix things he told himself.

"Caramel cake, somehow I feel like you taken a particular interest in pastry" she joked 

"You know me I enjoy eating pastries while reading why, don't we just enjoy this" 

He suggests as he pulls out the cake, their relationship has gotten a lot better but it isn't like what it was before his trying and she's trying. Yeah there's doubt in him sometimes but he's given her the benefit of the doubt, don't get him wrong he won't play blind to the signs but she is pregnant.

She smiled as she was about to kiss him but unconsciously dodge the kiss, it got awkward. He spent three years dodging her advances that ultimately became a reflex.

"I'm sorry" he apologized 

"It's okay, you're still trying. I understand" she said dejected 

He sighed as the both made excuses and went to do their own thing. The next day in the evening he met up with Ling at the cafe again.

"The book you recommend is quite interesting" said returning the book and paying him the fee for renting the book.

"Yes" he fixed his glasses and exchanged a card. "I feel you'd enjoy these types of book"

"Do you have anymore you could recommend?, by the way I saw that you joined a writing competition" he said, "um do you want me to introduce you to some bigger platform?" He asked.

Ling was taken aback but smiled softly "No, I like to do my work at a natural progress I want to do this slowly" he said 

He was in no rush. His life was fine as there was no need to hurry anything. He was happy and content now. James pursed his lips then smiled naturally, something he found hard for the past three years. 

"Then author Liang, may I have one of your books as a recommendation?" He asked 

It's true he made his own books though they weren't official work, so they were mostly on the shelf untouched. He nodded, putting up one finger and walked to the shelf, took out a book and handed it to him with a card.

"Thank you" 

"No need!" Ling blushed then cleared his throat. "I mean your the second to ask for a recommendation" he said 

"Second?" James tilts his head 

"My best friend asked for a copy" Ling blushed he was finally talking about a true friend he felt shy talking about it but he is happy.

James looked at him and saw a twinkle in his eyes as he talked about his friend, "you must think dearly of this friend" James chuckled.

"Yeah, you can say if it not were for him I wouldn't be here so happy" 

James thought maybe he saw his friend Adam more than just a friend. He looked so happy, but that wasn't his business and he and Ling are just acquaintances, not even friends. Prying further into his personal life would be disrespectful, he found a friend in Ling and did not want to do that overstepping boundaries.

"That's nice, well I best be going" 

"Okay come again another time" he said causally 

"Okay" 

He left with a ring at the door bell. Ling put everything back with a smile he wants to talk to parker today. But his busy with his family, looking back his life would not Ben what it is today without parker.

Both accepted their new lives so willingly, letting go and start a new he hopes one day James can do the same or maybe he doesn't need to.  He seems alright so who is he to interfere in their business as ling as their happy, both his sister and James.

Parker and Drake both held chelsie's small hands.

"Yeah, the theme park" chelsie cheered

Parker chuckled then stooped down and kissed her baby red cheeks "happy birthday my angel" 

"I love you mommy" 

Drake stooped down and kissed her on the forehead. "Happy birthday angel cakes we're gonna have loads of fun" 

She hugged Drake chuckling, "I love you too daddy" 

She gave Drake a kiss then gave parker one as they both stand then walked in to have their family time with their precious daughter.