chapter 69

Parker walked down stairs to the kitchen, he just woke up, he yawned then gently stretched his hand. Everyone was already down and eating breakfast, whenever Parker was sleeping Drake didn't wake him or ask him to do anything so most of the time Parker was only eating or sleeping. He bakes a little only a little, because Drake was worried he might hurt or wear himself out.

Parker enjoys cooking and baking, along with a little exercise here and there he enjoyed arts and crafts so, he had an art room and yoga room separate. 

Sometimes on weekends Drake, Chelsie and him will go jogging as a family, Drake isn't around often on week days on trips he sometimes has to go away as well for 3 or more days and Parker understood. It didn't make it any less sad but it's understandable when you're a boss of a large company. Drake may be busy but he is not neglectful and even when tired he doesn't dismiss the little time he had to spend with his baby girl.

He didn't try to make up for lost time by over spoiling her with toys, because nothing can fill in the gap of lost parenthood and that type of thinking to him was lazy. It's best to treasure the little time spent and try being there instead of spoiling kids with toys because in the end. Toys are inanimate objects and can't offer or replace any type of love whatsoever.

He was born from neglectful parents then thrown in and out of orphanages. The feeling of being unloved stuck with him for years and it's a painful memory he tried to forget because as he grew older they constantly rejected him. It made him feel bitter about himself but carried on, he didn't have enough courage to start a family so when he swapped souls with Parker he felt envious, very envious. 

He never had a comfortable home until he left highschool and joined college on tuition and became an excellent grad student,  but then he spent the rest of his life in short relationships that ended badly so he focused on work and neglected his personal life. His way of saying he gave up.

But then this happened he got a beautiful daughter and a loving husband, he ain't poor he struggled for nothing to enjoy his hobbies there was nothing for him to complain about. If he is feeling lonely he has a lively sister in law that would come over just to talk and lighten up his day. He was blunt and rude but he didn't mean any harm and it's kinda cute how many expressions and mood swings he can make in less than 2 minutes. 

Drake stopped eating and got up from the table, walked up to Parker and kissed his temple then his lips. 

"Morning mommy" Chelsie said brightly 

Parker smiled then walked up to her and kissed her on her cheek. Parker looked and saw Florian eating quietly and Sean looking at them, Sean smiled.

"Morn'in" he said then looked back down in his phone.

"Okay, mornin" looked to Florian, " good morning Florian" 

Florian kept his head down, "good morning aunty……. parker" 

Parker smiled. He had the sweetest smile but he was so shy. 

"Okay guys I better get to work" Drake went over and Chelsie kissed her temple. "goodbye everyone" 

"Goodbye Drake" Parker and Sean said

"G-goodbye uncle Drake" 

Drake smiled then waved goodbye and left, the dinner table became awkward real quickly. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

James just returned after a morning jog to their large apartment, before James entered Clarice deleted someone from her contact. She was just starting to fix things she can't ruin. Suddenly a message popped up in her phone saying:

"James is cheating on you"

She didn't take it seriously if he didn't cheat the past 3 years when he had an open opportunity. Why cheat now?. James would never do that, heating unfaithful people more than anything, him being one was impossible.

She laughed, snuffing it off when the door opened with James covered in sweat and drinking water.

"Welcome back" she smiled 

He looked at her, she looked a bit nervous about something.

"Is something wrong?" He asked

She shocked her head, "no, just feeling a little antsy. My tummy is so big now"

James didn't comment and smiled