chapter 71

Chelsie looked at Parker then forward then back Parker again blinking very confused.

"Mommy has a twin" Chelsie points at Ling cutely but had this stern expression that made her look adorable

Parker had forgotten to inform the poor innocent child of his look alike, Ling who opened his arms to take the box. Looked at her a bit frozen in place.

He still didn't feel any parental attachment to her despite being the one to birth her, but still he was glad to have seen she is okay and growing up happy. He really did make the poor child miserable, she was often careful and fearful around him always asking things he deemed annoying.

He wanted to be rid of her when he was pregnant, he and Drake would argue so much about it until Drake gave up out of frustration, he even went M.I.A on him for a week. When he was at a family event his mother asked him when he was going to announce the birth of the baby. Ling felt furious. He thought this was Drake's way of manipulating him into keeping the baby, therefore he hunted him down.

Drake had no idea of this he needed time to be alone because he genuinely didn't support abortion under certain circumstances but what else could he do? He was adamant on getting rid of their first child. Of course he's gonna need time alone.

It was Ling's body but his seed, it takes two tango but one really had the decision his relationship with Ling was so invalid that sometimes he wondered why he stayed in this joke of a marriage when could just leave. But the moment he does Ling would be abandoned by his family and it would be his fault.

Ling didn't believe Drake but what else could he say? There was an opportunity for them to know when he was in jail when he passed out after kicking the man down stairs permanently crippling his entire lower half?.

Because of this he initially kept the baby and then Chelsie was born. 

Looking at her now she has grown brightly Ling never wants to get pregnant again and never wants to repeat that process again.

"Hello Chelsea" Ling went down on one knee with a cupcake. "I've heard so much about you I'm Ling" he smiled

Chelsea blushed, he really looked a lot like his mommy she played with her finger "Hello, my name is Chelsea I'm going to become a big sister" she smiled.

"Oh really that's great" 

"Yep, you can feel baby right here in mama's tummy" 

Chelsie carefully crept up to Parker, it was cute how she was watching her steps and carefully moving. Ling stood up and found the image peculiar while tilting his head. 

"Mr. Ling hand please" 

Ling almost gave the hand with cupcake but changed it to the free hand, Chelsie took it then and put it gently on Parker's tummy.

"Can you feel the baby" 

She smiled at him, Parker smiled at his sweet little girl. She is so precious.

"Hm? ……. it kicked" Ling said peculiar 

Parker smiled. It feels nice. After that they took a seat where the employees took out the boxes.

"So are you having a boy or a girl?" 

"Well I won't reveal now, we are going to do a gender reveal later on" parker said 

"A gender reveal huh how nice" 

"Yeah I guess it's nothing big and fancy, I'd like to invite you if you'd like" 

"Is that a bright idea? We genuinely look like long last twins" Ling said 

"You're my best friend Ling. One way or another we will fall down that road so why not start from now?" Parker suggested.

"I'm not sure…….. but okay" he agreed reluctantly 

Parker smiled happily after eating and enjoying snacks. They waved him goodbye and left.

After some hours as if right on schedule James arrives sitting in his usual corner reading a book that he picked out a while back. He ordered his usual espresso and went on reading quietly.

James is respectful towards Ling's job and wouldn't disturb him unless it was a near closing time. James suddenly burst out laughing so much that he spat out the espresso mouth. Ling, who was surprised, went up to him, with a cloth to clean up the mess.

"*cough* Haha *cough* sorry…. Ehem" he clear his throat 

"What's so funny?"  Ling asked interested 

"I can't, if I tell the ending would be spoiled" he closed the book 

"I don't care let me in one the joke" 

James looked at him, refusing to put his hands up as if surrendering.

"You know I could just look it up right?" Ling said in a matter of fact tone.

"Go on I won't stop you" he said chillax

"Just tell me!" Ling commands

"Ok, sir yes sir. So the ending goes the ML lead told the female lead to hide and so he can fight the enemy, so the female lead during the fight jumped out put herself in danger almost getting stabbed by the villain but was ultimately saved by the hero" James said

Ling raised a brow, "that's it?" 

"Wait, the best part is close, the Male lead was lecturing her during battle and she was like "I didn't ask you to save me!" The Male lead got irritated then throw her out his arms and she got stabbed by the villain" he smiled at Ling 

"T-that is so fucked up, I wanna read it" 

"The book is called "Hence, why is he the Male lead" it's comedical, dark, passionate and apparently a tragedy" he said showing the book cover 

"How did you stumbled upon this" 

"I just looked in my trusted friend's shelf and found some interesting book collection I was in a mood for dark comedy" James said crossing his arms

The two looked at each other for a moment stuck in their own world, James then snapped out of it and looked away awkwardly biting at his lower lip.

He was thinking of Ling's pink lips, but wiped that thought before it could travel elsewhere, so he then stood up and took out the money.

"I think I should get going now" 

Ling felt awkward and forced a smile upon his face, "Yeah"