chapter 7

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Parker didn't like Drake, but he still made it to have him in bed. Maybe because he was good at it? While Liang Ling did receive his memories, his feelings were a different story.

He washed his face, yawned, then suddenly the sound stopped.

"Hmph, the rain stopped?"

Suddenly, a swinging sound was made, and Parker's face flushed colour.

'That wasn't the rain; it was the showers!? Shit, I'm doomed!'

Parker faced towards the mirror. Drake opened the shower glass door, and he looked around to see Parker in the mirror.

"You're awake?" He asked coldly.

"--yeah." He answered awkwardly.

'Don't clear up steam! Don't clear up!'

The steam from the showers was beginning to clear up, and Parker's heart started pumping. He wasn't ready to see anything yet. Luckily Drake put the towel at his waist before he could see anything.

Parker was both disappointed and relieved at the same time.

"Hmm, you played with Chelsie today." Drake asked with a cold expression.

"Yes, it was very interesting! All the names differ depending on the type of animal they are. They are either named after what they eat or what food humans made them. The only different one is Bun-Bun." He said with a blank smile.

"Yeah, because it's the only toy you ever gave her on her birthday, or just in general." Drake said without any empathy.

"Oh..."

Parker immediately became silent. He had no memories of that Parker bastard. He couldn't remember her birthday or her age, and he was the one who gave birth to her.

Parker felt bitter and guilty.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." He stopped drying his hair and looked at him.

"That's why I said tell me what you want then leave. Chelsie is too young, and she's already experienced so much disappointment. It will hurt her when you're gone. But she's young; it's easier for her to forget you." He said sternly.

Parker frowned, then looked down. He didn't want to leave or be forgotten. But he can't blame Drake for wanting a toxic person out of his life.

"Don't worry. I will change. I don't want a divorce. I'll become a good mother to Chelsie." Parker declared.

Drake said nothing for a while and continued to dry his hair.

"We shall see about that."

He took the towel off his head, put it on the hanger and went out of the bathroom.

Parker said nothing. Drake was a mystery. A mystery he was supposed to seduce. Parker realized he just missed a chance to do that.

The dude literally walked out of the shower with nothing on and dried himself off! It was a golden opportunity to play the slip and fall stunt!

But then he thinks he doesn't want to slip and fall then be traumatized, so no seduction for the night.

Parker took off his clothes to take a bath as well.

Parker took a nice warm shower. The bath was so amazing!

He didn't feel like leaving or maybe he should go back in later but in the end, he needs to get out. After drying, he put on comfy pajamas, smiled cutely, then went out of the bathroom.

Drake, wearing his glasses, was typing on the laptop. Most of his attention was on his laptop.

Parker went on the other side of the bed.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping, isn't a reason like this is why you need glasses in the first place?" Yawning, he said.

"I am fine, plus this is the first time you come out of the bathroom without complaining about something about the shower."

"There's nothing wrong, I enjoyed it." He smiled.

"Good night."

Parker got cosy then lay down with the sheets covering him. Drake looked at him after taking his eyes off the laptop. This place, this room, had been peaceful only a handful of times, so he finished up quickly. He took off his glasses then put them down along with the laptop.

Drake fixed the sheets and then lay down.

"Goodnight."