CHAPTER 1: The Beginning

"The Beginning"
***

ANNA'S POV

I adjusted my shades and observed the busy people going in and out the arrival ― the part where you have to wait for your things to come out from the moving courier.

We arrived in Manila without any problem, and I was grateful for that. This is my first time here, the place where my three brothers chose for me to settle for the time being.

Since my life in Japan is in a terrible sandstorm and tsunami at this time, I am obliged to live here. For how long, I'm not sure.

I only wish this set-up is temporary and short. I certainly hope so.

I sighed with relief the moment I set eyes on my silver luggage.

I didn't bring any unnecessary things since I can buy stuff here, and several of my vital things have been transported to my new apartment ahead of me.

I pulled it outside the moving courier with my left hand, readjusted the handle, and let it stroll behind me. Before I could leave, someone called me. At first, I'm not sure if he was actually calling me, but the voice persisted.

"Miss!"

Curious, I turned around and saw the owner of the voice standing not far from me.

He was smiling, and it turned into a grin the moment he saw my appearance.

This person is also Japanese, I noticed.

His hair was disheveled. The color of his hair is an unusually vibrant blue. I frowned. Why in the world does somebody dye their hair in an odd color?

His facial features are pretty normal in Japan: cute pointed nose with red moist lips (It's not natural, you know. I know their trick since I live in Japan for sixteen years. Just saying, though) and with an almost angelic face.

His jawline is soft making his feature more feminine.

Also, he wore earrings on his left ear with a short chain connecting and firmly pinned on his middle lobe. (It's a trick, again. You don't need a piercing on your middle lobe to pin it. I know it since I have one myself. Just saying, for the second time.)

He actually looked like a Visual Kei impersonator. But his look fits him quite well.

"Miss..." He smiled cheekily. "Mukhang naiwan mo yung paper bag mo, kung hindi ako nagkakamali."

I frowned again; asking myself what the hell he is saying, thinking how to respond, and then it hit me.

I'm in a foreign country, indeed. I got distracted by his looks. And here I thought he was about to speak Japanese to me.

He reaches out his right hand on cue and that was when I noticed the familiar paper bag that I think he was holding for a while.

Ah, crap. Was he telling me that I forgot it? This, my friend, is what you call stupidity.

Why the hell did I agree to come here in the first place? True, I had a few lessons in their native language for only a month and came here after that. But it does not help since their language is not easy to understand and learn. I still need time to comprehend their language, and culture, needless to say.

As if on cue, some images in my past appeared in my head. Yes, that was the main reason why I agreed. It was not pleased that I had to stop it from reprocessing inside my head.

Stifling an incoming sigh, I reached out for the paper bag. I saw him smile again.

Clueless on how to respond, I simply bowed my head in respect instead.