CHAPTER 31: His Complex

Mind and hands: No more procrastination, y0haNna. You need to do this!

y0haNna: *Smacks her head on the wall* Yes, ma'am.

Thanks for the reads and comments everyone!

Warning for the words used!

Chapter 31

"His Complex"

***

Nathaniel's POV

"Tadaima!" Sabi ko kahit na alam ko na sila Hiro lang naman ang nasa bahay. Nakakatuwa lang kasi sabihin yun.

Pag-pasok ko, bukas na TV na walang nanunuod ang bumungad sakin. I sighed. Kilala na kung sino ang nang-iwan na bukas ang TV. Kahit kailan talaga si Hiro. Dumiretso ako sa sala and I turned it off but my eyes lingered sa sofa on cue.

So Hiro has fallen asleep.

Pumunta ako sa kitchen at naghanap ng makakain nalang. I've been eating dinner sa tamang oras within this past days so I wouldn't have to worry about getting the leftover food. I chuckled with that.

Anna was the reason why.

Apparently...Anna - my Japanese classmate that got my curiosity since first day and Kurapikachuu - my mysterious half-Filipina & half-British chat mate na maraming alam sa Japanese things ay iisa.

My mind couldn't even process the fact that Anna's that kind of girl who spends her time in front of the computer, chatting and stuff. I mean, we all know that Anna's reserved at iwas sa mga tao. She's genius as well. I've never even seen her score lower than perfect.

As the saying goes, don't judge the book by its cover. Now I know that it was hundred one percent accurate.

The moment that I've known the truth, imbis na i-spend ko ang time ko sa aking usual place sa bubong ng cafeteria, palagi na akong nagmamadali umuwi to spend my time chatting with her. Though, I noticed na hindi na siya kagaya ng dati na nagsshare at medyo talktative katulad nung hindi pa niya ako kilala in person.

Maybe I'm just paranoid and over thinking things.

Besides, the Anna that I know is not talkative at all. Let's just think that she's acting like her usual self ngayon na kilala na niya talaga ako in real life. Hehehe. ^^v

In retrospect, it surprised me nung pumayag siya na sumama sakin sa convention. Akala ko kailangan ko pa siyang kulitin ng sobra bago siya pumayag.

Though, it surprised me more when I realized her greatest fear. Scratch that, I was not 'surprise'. I was more of scared for her...so much I couldn't move as well.

I didn't know what to do the moment I saw her shaking and trying to block the firework's sound with her hands. It was like my body was frozen. Buti nalang talaga na I tend to bring my headphones everywhere.

That idea of giving it to her struck me when I remembered that she was fond of music as well. I remembered her comments, suggestions and praises about my singing as Kurapikachuu.

If only I can sing the same way as you do, I would!

That was her very first comment on one of my Youtube videos – the time where I didn't have any clues of who she really was. She's just a fan back then. Kaya nga I cannot believe that the person responsible of that warm comment was Anna.

The moment I saw her trembling, I just acted on impulse and do that. I ignored the idea that her first reaction would either slap me shitless or shout at me, since her expression tells me that she was in the middle of pain and struggle.