CHAPTER 8: Recollection

Chapter 8

"Recollection"

***

ANNA'S POV

"I think you're misunderstanding things, Anna-san," He glances at me with an awkward smile.

"And what do you mean by that?" I asked. The whole thing is confusing me, to say the least. (Japanese)

"W-well..." He stuttered, he scratched his head again as he tries to avoid my eyes. "I have a brother,"

Eh?

"So?" I spat. "What does your brother has to do with the issue?" (Japanese)

"The president..." He continued without looking at me.

EH???

"The president is my brother,"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"YOUR WHAT?!" I blurted out. (Japanese)

If I'm drinking something right at this moment, I could have spurted it out.

Did I hear it right?

"My brother," He repeated. "My twin brother, actually,"

I just looked at him in shock. Well, it was a mix of shock and embarrassment. Shame even?

I don't know.

How would I know that they, in fact, were brothers?

Identical brothers to be precise. And to think that I just smacked the President thinking that he was playing a prank on me about my name. In reality, he did not even know.

And now he already knows.

What a nice way to know my name.

I glared at him on cue. Accusation and embarrassment were dancing on my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?!" (Japanese)

Maybe this boy was the one messing with me for the whole time. He could just say that on the first day, right? But he didn't. Now I have this urge to give him a black eye instead.

The boy smiled at me in a sheepish way. "Y-you never ask, Anna-san. And I thought you alrea-"

"How can I know that, you baka?!" I retorted. "How on earth will I know that you and that flirty idiot of a President were not the same person?" (Japanese)

"We-"

"You two are identical!" I glared at him as I cut his words. "And I'm new here, if you have forgotten that," I bite my lips to control my anger.

I have no idea who I was angry to.

If towards the group of girls who cornered me not too long ago, or was it the fact that I was completely ashamed for thinking that they are one, I don't know.

I even assumed that he had an alter-ego. I just wanted to blurt out my anger and shame.

And the lad standing in front of me is my target now.

"And it was freaking stupid that I punched him thinking that you are him..." (Japanese)

"What?" He blurted in surprise. "You punched him because you thought of him as me?"