CHAPTER 2: Secret Revealed

• Dedicated to Airlea Ashenhurst

"Secret Revealed"

 (The picture is Kurozawa Seijiko as Anna Morris)

***

ANNA'S POV

IT took us nearly half an hour before we have finally arrived at our destined locale. We stopped in front of a thoroughly constructed building. The structure itself is exquisite enough to tell that it wasn't just an ordinary apartment.  In fact, we are surrounded by buildings as similar as that one insight.

Yojinbo-ni (I told you, that's their name) emerged from the car in front of ours, opened the door for me in a respectful way, and let me out.

I stood still and run my hands on my coat to fix it.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Yojinbo-ichi made its way to the person wearing a white suit with a distinctive black design which I suppose was the guard of the apartment. Seconds after, they approach me and lead me inside.

As I expected, even the interiors simply scream their elegance. The floor has been scrubbed like diamond since it reflects the light produced by the chandeliers. The lobby was ample enough to fit a well-sized living room (it was since they have receiving area) though there was quite a few people that lingers within.

Only Yoh and Yojinbo-ichi remained by my side. I saw the others waiting outside on the wide glass-door of the building.

I quickly noted Yojinbo-ichi making a small conversation with a certain someone before nodding and ventures to the alley behind.

Yoh and I followed without any words.

Yoh pushed the door of the only room on that alley. We waited for seconds outside until he emerged with a simple-dressed woman on his side. Yojinbo-ichi introduced me to start with; I simply nod my head despite the trouble of understanding them.

"Puntahan na natin ang magiging kwarto mo?" She smiled at me.

For the second time, I was dumbfounded to respond. The words were like flowing into my ears and going to the other. I just can't understand what she was trying to say.

Seeing her expecting face, I think she was asking something. For the love of strawberries, can't she recognize that I'm not one of them?

"She asking if you're ready to see your room, Anna-sama," He said in our own dialect.

I tilted my head to Yojinbo that moment, dumbfounded again.

I didn't expect that one of my guards could understand their native language — one of the disadvantages of not knowing my guards, I thought.

The woman looked at me then glanced back to Yojinbo-ichi. She looked like she wanted to apologize but was perplexed to do it.

Yoh coughed and Yojinbo-ichi looked at him expectantly. "Our Anna-sama is not familiar with your native language yet. But she could understand English."

The woman suddenly looks at me and chuckled lightly. She apologized and led us to my soon-to-be room.

It was well-built. That was the first thing that came to mind.

Though it was not big as my own room back in Japan it was sufficient enough.

The room was coated in cream and light peach. A small freezer was placed on top of a counter with a small table beside it. It was like a mini house; full appliance and all. I could also notice some familiar things which were organized neatly across the room. I stop observing my room as the woman beside me speaks.