CHAPTER 42: Panic Attack

Chapter Summary: Discussing Anna's attack.

Chapter 42

"Panic Attack''

***

"Mom!'' Zaila exclaimed the moment her mother opened the door after her frantic knocking. She spoke before her mother could question her desperate antics. "Mom, where's otou-san?''

Ma'am Christina only frowned. "Do I need to know why you're rushing here, looking like you just witnessed a crime scene?''

Zaila wanted to say yes, but she knew it was over exaggeration on her part, although remembering Anna's reaction told her otherwise. She kept her mouth zipped. She doesn't want her mom to know about high school pranks and whatnot. She doesn't want any more people to get involved with this. As far as they know, it was only a prank, but she knew it was more than that.

Someone was trying to mess up with Anna, and as they know their very reason was very childish.

And it's annoying her to the fullest.

"No -- I--" She struggled to lie in front of her mom. "Look, mom, I'll tell you about it later. But right now, I need to know where my father is,'' Her mom's face looked as if she wanted to resist, but she said instead, ''Please.''

"O...kay,'' Her mom frowned. "But, please, honey, be sure you're alright and no one's in danger right now. It's almost midnight. Don't forget we need to be early for tomorrow!'' Ma'am Christina sighed. "The worry in your face is making me worry myself, I--''

"Mom,'' She cut off.

"Fine, I'm just worried. Can you blame me?'' Her mom crossed her arms and drawled, "Your father went outside, and he's been out for awhile now.''

"Really? Do you know where exactly?''

"I'm not sure, maybe at the first floor veranda?'' She said. "I'm sure he would come back soon, honey, why don't you wait for him inside our room instead?''

"Mom, I don't have time for that!'' She answered. "I really really really need to see him, as in now, right now, ASAP!"

"I get it, I get it!'' Her mom frowned, displeased was obvious in her voice. "Just be careful okay? Oh. Kids these days...''

The last words were whispered when Zaila dashed off like she was on fire.

***

-Conversation in Japanese-

"Jizo, it was nice talking to you again...after so many years?'' Takei said as he cradled the phone on his cheek. "It's been awhile. I have missed talking to you and the other kid. How have you been? How was Japan?"

"It was nice talking to you too, Takei-san.'' The man on the other line called Jizo said, his deep voice enthralling yet it still hold a certain power Takei had remembered still. "And I can't agree with you more, it really has been awhile. I was still unsure if this is only a dream or my imagination. Talking to you right now is still unbelievable. Although I'm not surprised you still have connection with Marco, seeing that you two have been trying to reach other once in a while.''

"We talk, yes, but not as often, we all know how busy your brother is,'' Takei answered. "His work is as hard as mine.''

"Why don't you talk with the stupid one then?''

Takei chuckled, knowing full well who he was talking about. "I have my own reasons as to why I chose Marco to communicate with.''

"Yes,'' The deep voice chuckled. "We all know how that cheeky idiot is, he wouldn't be able to resist telling Seijiko about your whereabouts if you decided to talk to him instead.''