CHAPTER 35: Her Complex

Yes! An update! Again. Enjoy Reading!

In this chapter, we were about to read more about Takei-san's and some of the Kurozawa clan's past.

Warning: this chapter is sort of dark.

My inspiration for this chapter <Insert Falling for you – acoustic version>

Chapter 35

"Her Complex"

***

Anna's POV

We are now heading home.

I said we — yes, that's right.

Because I have Takei-san with me today.

He wanted to use this moment to have a small talk with my guards — an exchange of words and stories within those years that they were unable to connect with each other.

And it was much safer if he were to accompany me home, he explained.

That I couldn't argue.

Even so, I can't help but be aware of our surroundings. Various people — especially those who were informed with the current rumors inside our school — were throwing us different level of stares.

Can't say I'm already used to this (which I always say if you could still remember) but those that I had gotten used of seeing were scrutinizing.

These one are judging and heavy to the skin.

Some, especially the people living outside the premises of the school, were just confused — why does the chef had to accompany someone today, they wonder.

The second one was malicious — it came from the people who are ignorant enough to believe the photos scattering around the school.

Earlier at the cafeteria, I could hear the people whispering, uttering rumors — the kind where different strings of absurd lies were knotted and passed on different types of people.

Especially when they saw Takei-san giving me the usual Ambrosia and the Strawberry Mint Punch — some of those rumors say that I am a social climbing two-timer who wanted fame so I'm clinging to anyone who has the most influence inside the school.

The issue about Miel and I are still on. Put the dispute about the picture of Takei-san and me together, what do you get?

Headache.

Lots of it.

Instead of making this farce a big deal, we agreed to ignore this until it fades. There's no point if we allow these issues to affect our daily lives, is there?

First of, the issue was nothing but a preposterous idea of someone with wicked mind. It was outrageous to the point that I would have laughed it off if it really wasn't out of character for me.

Their brains are nothing but a corrupted piece of organ.

"Little boss," Takei-san's voice snap me out of my reverie. "We're already here. Do you still want me to come with you together inside?" (Japanese)

"Uh – no, you don't have to," I answered with our native dialect. "You can go ahead. Yoh and the others are already here. There are just lingering somewhere near the building."

"Of course," He smiled, concerned. "Are you thinking about the issues linked with your name? If those were bothering you, we can just ask Yoshibara to inform this to the Superiors..." (Japanese)