CHAPTER 12: Strawberry Mint Punch

Chapter 12

“Strawberry Mint Punch”

***

ANNA’S POV

I eyed my ordered dish for a moment. A mixture of curry and noodles, with distinctive beetroot colour of rice and other toppings I am uncertain of.

My heart skipped a beat again. Is the dish in front of me the same dish I had in memory since I was a child?

Don’t be ridiculous, you’re currently on the other side of the world. It’s impossible to happen.

But still.

I sighed, practically holding my breath as I grab one of the spices located on the centre of the table. I pour a suitable amount over the food and reach out for the spoon as I mixed it thoroughly.

I scooped a portion of the dish and directed it towards my mouth. I was on mid-way there when I stop and look around.

Everyone is looking at me - even the waitresses on the counter.

What in the strawberries name?

Ignoring the consciousness and irritation stirring inside me, I stuffed the utensil inside my mouth as I consumed it with unhurried manner. 

I swallowed, and my eyes widen in shock with the familiar aftertaste of the dish. Tears were now stinging on the corner of my eyes as a certain memory flies inside my mind.

–      Flashback – eleven years ago at Komori Hotels and Casino

(All convos were spoken in Japanese)

“Sei-Chan, what do you want to eat for your dinner tonight?” A man asked his five year old daughter sweetly.

They were currently having a family dinner in one of the famous hotel in Japan that is distinctly own by them.

They were eating on top of the building were only VIP’s are allowed.

A five year old girl with a notable golden hair points at a certain food that was placed at the center of the table, ignoring the menu that her father allowed her to look at.

Her three brothers look at her with shock; their parents emitted an impressed laugh while the little girl glances at her brothers innocently.

Her brothers were really astounded since she was actually pointing at a certain dish that anyone could already estimate the flavor just by smelling it, but it was not an ordinary dish that any person could actually eat since it was made by their own chef just for their family - particularly the notorious clan that was solely supervised by their father.

The Special Dish is dedicated to the Kurozawa clan and only the colleagues could recognize and identify the spicy dish since it has been a tradition to welcome every new comer by forcing them to finish it whole.

So the confidential matter behind the dish has always been a top secret and restricted only for them.

But Seijiko doesn’t have to know the whole situation just yet…  

Their father was about to call the attention of the waiter when her older brother interrupted, “You’re allowing her to eat this…” He gestures the food as he stares at their father with a “you’re kidding me” look.

“What’s wrong with that Marco? You should be glad that Sei-chan is already eager to try our traditional dish unlike the three of you.” The older man glances at his three sons with a significant look.