CHAPTER 22: The Fan-Girls Attack! Again?!

First appearance of Zaila Kate. <3 [Anaks Zai, kung nababasa mo man ito, para sayo to. Hahaha!]

Present for the Readers! 

Chapter 22

"The Fan-girls Attack! Again?!"

***

ANNA'S POV

—2 days before the convention—

~Lunch @ the student centre

I tried my best not to feel out of place as I shove the last piece of Japanese crackers into my mouth.

Dusting the crumbs out of my hands, I picked up my book on the stone table, flipped it open where my bookmark rested as I read.

The student centre is filled of students in every level.

Some were spending their break doing their assignment in the last minute. Some where eating their lunch alone and reading — such as I no — while the others spend their time on their own gadgets.

There were some people who greet me as they pass by.

I just greet them back with a nod.

Unlike our room which is filled with variety of girls and gays discussing Riel and his friends — their topic mainly discussed the President such as; what brand of items Riel would endorse next, who would be Riel's next girlfriend - which includes my name every so often - or even what color of his underclothes is he wearing today, (of all things!) the student centre is much more comfortable than the room.

Since I have nowhere to go, this is the only place that I find peaceful besides the library. I just need to finish my ramen and off I go to the place where silence reigns.

Likely, I would've chosen the secret place that I'd first discovered as a daily routine in every break but finding the person who frequents there told me otherwise - especially after what has happened inside the music room.

It makes me want to avoid him more.

However, I find it hard to admit that I can't get his unique skills out of my system.

Especially his words...

"If you want, let's be friends."

That's not my first time hearing that words.

In fact, Pria had said that same line to me.

What bothers me was the fact that he is a he.

I'm not quite comfortable spending my time with the opposite gender.

It's true that I have three brothers in my wake, but that's not entirely the same when it comes to having a guy friend.

What's more was my current situation.

I don't want him, or any other person on that matter, be in the hands of danger like what've happened to Kaoru.

If there'd be a chance where Nathaniel will be my friend and the Shimazu group have found my hiding place, there's a critical chance his life will not be spared.

Or worse, the same scenario as Kaoru.

Let's not deny the fact that they're notorious group in Japan. They intend to do their jobs done - in every sense of the word.

The idea of Nathaniel being shot the same way as Kaoru made my heart ache.

Terribly.

My mind drifted to the cafeteria instead.