CHAPTER 10: The Fire that Melts the Ice

Chapter 10

“A Fire that Melts the Ice Queen”

(Warning: Shocking/Confusing details and *kamot ulo* scenes ahead. You’ve been warned.) 

DARK CHAPTER!!                                                                

***

“Sei-chan,”

She looked up and saw Kaoru, one of her best friends grinning at her. She raised her eyebrows the moment she felt Kaoru’s slender arms wrapping around her.

“Wha—“

“I missed you!” Kaoru said with her cheery tone. “Daisuki! Forever and ever,”

“What’s wrong with her?” Seijiko asked her other friend. Pria just shrugged her shoulders and smile.

“Don’t mind her, Sei-chan, we just missed you,” Pria said with a same grin on her face. “So will you tell us what happened?”

“Yeah!” Kaoru seconded. “You missed school for almost three months! You must tell us, Kurozawa Seijiko, or you will be damned,”

“Hey, now, Kaoru, no need for threats.” Pria chided. She turned to Seijiko. “So?”

She looked at them and she tried her best not to burst into tears. She wanted to tell them what has transpired within those months.

She wanted to tell everything.

She wanted to burst her pain onto them.

Most of all, she wanted to bare her real emotions she’d tried to conceal within those months. Since they were the only person she can trust…

But she knew there’s no reason for them to know.

“N-nothing,” Seijiko simply said.

 “Nonsense!” Kaoru spat. “You were absent the day before your birthday, and you never attend classes until now if you have forgotten that. You didn’t even invite us!”

Seijiko stiffened with the mention of her birthday.

“She’s right!” Pria seconded. “Three months is too long for va—“

“Seijiko?” 

“W-what’s wrong?”

Kaoru tried to shake her friend, but then, her eyes widen in shock instead.

“S-sei-chan, you’re trembling.”

~

“Seijiko! Look out!”

“Seijiko-sama!”

!BANG BANG BANG!

“Kaoru-chan!!” Her shrill voice echoes around them in disdain.

Seijiko’s eyes widen in horror the moment she saw her best friend’s own shocked face. Moments after, Kaoru fell limp on her shoulders.

She shook her friend’s body but still nothing.

Still shock with scene, Seijiko whispered her friend’s name on her ears as if trying to wake her up - silently praying she would stand and exclaimed it was nothing but a prank. But seeing her bodyguards scattered around them told her otherwise.