CHAPTER 18: Challenge for the Champion

Dedicated to SkyCielo! :D

Chapter 18

"Challenge for the Defending Champion"

***

ANNA'S POV

~~Kinabukasan

—3 days before the convention—

—4 days before the Championship—

"What's with the people today?" I asked the waitress after ordering my meal - the usual, of course. "And what's with the cold water and fresh milk thingy?"

My eyebrows raised in confusion as I saw another student running towards the public comfort room, and the next thing we heard was the familiar vomiting sound.

The disturbing sound echoed around the area.

In fact, that was the first sound that I'd heard the moment I stepped inside the cafeteria - followed by strings of students, varied with their genders and levels, going in and out of the comfort room.

A new note was also plastered at the side of the counter.

Cold water and Fresh Milk for sale!

O_o?

Wait. Don't tell me...

"Apparently, there's a big change to our menu," I turned to the waitress with curiosity, and a bit of confusion. "And a challenge, mind you. Whoever could beat you out for eating our chef's Special Dish will be given free meals for five days,"

That made my eyebrows raised again.

A challenge, she says?

"So... the people with a sudden attraction to the comfort room were up to the challenge?" I asked.

She nodded. "Chef Takei readjusted the levels of spiciness with his Special Dish, too."

You're confused? Don't worry, I am confused as well.

Wait.

The name! What is it with the name? Q________Q

I ignored the sudden outburst of my heart and asked. "That means?"

"We have 3 kinds of Ambrosia from now on, Miss Anna," She explained. And then she sighed. "Nakakaintindi ka naman siguro ng Tagalog di ba?"

I titled my head slightly. "A bit,"

She sighed again. "Mabuti naman. Nanonosebleed na ako magexplain sa English ng paulit ulit sa mga foreigners dito eh. Bakit kasi hindi nalang inilagay ni Chef Takei yung about sa challenge,"

I smiled.

The lopsided kind of smile.

Is that even a smile?

"You've noticed the students going in and out of the loo, yes?"

I thought she would explain it in Filipino?

I just shrug it off as she continued. "All of them have tried the Ambrosia Level 1 - the type of Special Dish with light spices, yet they still couldn't munch it off. You see, we have 3 levels of Ambrosia from now on and that particular level includes the different type of flavors with each one. Did you get my drift?"

"N-not really,"

Is it just me or her explanation was a little bit... mixed up?

She tried again.