CHAPTER 40: The Prank

Chapter Summary: The whole trip, Rumia and Antoinette's executing the plan, and how it affected Anna...so much.

Warning: Contains theme that are dark and disturbing. If you're light of heart, I suggest you skip, or see you next chapter that is not dark and will focus on the light side of the story. But then again, the whole story will eventually focus on dark and mature scenes so I guess you'd skip a lot? Just a warning. :) If you're into these, welcome to my world! Lol.

Please read the front summary and author's note for more information.

The middle part until the next chapter will focus on Anna's past.

You can skip when you see the trigger warning.

Chapter 40

"The Prank"

***
ANNA'S POV

2ND DAY
CLASS TRIP

"Goodness, this is so breathtaking! This is my first time seeing a scenery as majestic as this. Are we on the cliff or something?" Miel exclaimed from my left as I tried not to roll my eyes, he was acting like an over-excited kid. "But, darn, the coldness is not a joke," He rubbed his hands and shivered. "Why did I leave my jacket in our room? What am I even thinking?"

"Because you're too excited, daig mo pa ang bata," Zaila said. "Be careful, you might fall."

Miel laughed. "I may be falling, but not particularly here."

Zaila smiled a knowing smile. "Can I guess where, Miel?"

They continued on their usual bantering as I observe the beautiful scenery painted before us.

It was quarter past nine, if I'm not mistaken, and we left the dorm an hour ago to start our tour around Baguio ― and our first destination was the Mines View park. They mentioned that the view of the Cordillera mountains and the copper mine would be perfect in the morning ― and it is.

It was spectacular.

Yesternight was only a short and brief night. The teachers gathered us for a bonfire outside the dorm. Some parts of the school is perfect for a camp-like experience ― nevermind the icy cold touch of the wind at night.

Zaila and I, together with our roommates, actually stayed a bit late ― I think around past twelve.

We, with Zaila's lead, did what she suggested earlier that morning. We talked about anything that is scary, and I even shared a popular story that we had in my school in Japan.

I don't mind sharing it, to be honest, I rather liked the reaction of their faces whenever I mentioned something that was really worth the goose bumps.

I don't get scared with those kind of things as easily as the others ― like my room mates. I'm more scared with what's haunting my back at this point and time.

"Anna, what are you going to buy from the shop when we get down here?"

I looked at Miel when he asked that. I only blinked at him, trying hard not to comment. From the looks of it, he was trying so hard not to shiver from the coldness.

Zaila must have noticed this too, because I could see her trying to suppress her laughter.

"I suppose you're the one who needs to buy something," I answered. "You look like a shivering puppy."

Miel laughed, sniffed and pouted, acting as if he was offended, but the subtle glint on the corner of his eyes told me otherwise. "That's a nice way to describe me."