CHAPTER 41: Just Cry

Chapter Summary: Their reaction when they saw Anna's panic attacks. How Anna handled it with Miel's help. Unexpected confession.

Chapter 41

''Just Cry''

***
NORMAL POV

''I won't give up,'' Hiroshi said with a serious voice. He stared at Lian who was looking back at him with his arms crossed. ''I will never give up even if it kills me.''

Lian scoffed and rolled his eyes. ''Don't you pull that Kise act at me, you stupid dipshit. You are stupid if you think I will give up too.''

''Don't call me stupid twice! Once is annoying enough, bastard!''

''Why not, stupid...Kise?'' Lian smirked.

''Don't call me Kise! Hiroshi is my name!''

''Again, why not?'' Lian countered. ''You have yellow hair. Plus you look stupid.''

''Aba't sumosubra na talaga 'tong tikoy boy na to!'' Hiroshi exclaimed. ''Pigilan mo ko, Miel, pigilan mo ko!''

''Sige nga, hurt Lian if you can,'' Miel jested.

Hiroshi only glared. ''Ah, basta, I won't be giving you the upper bunk bed because it's mine.''

Lian sighed. ''Miel, remind me again why am I talking to this yellow shit?''

''I don't know,'' Miel shrugged. ''Baka kasi you like big bird?''

''Huh?'' Lian only shook his head, before looking at Hiroshi. ''Just freaking give up, boy.''

''Never!''

''Okay, okay, stop!'' Miel raised his hands and stood in the middle of his two friends. ''As far as I know, we're not kids anymore. We're grown ups, okay? Grown ups, dude! So why don't we settle this as grown ups?'' He held Lian's hand with his right hand and Hiro's hand with the other, and with a serious voice, ''Settle this with rock paper scissors.''

''The fuck?''

''Grown up mo mukha mo!''

Both of his friends exclaimed while he laughed, but it trailed off when the door moved and revealed his brother, Riel.

He cleared his throat and said, ''I'll be out for a moment.''

''Hey, dude, where are you going?'' Hiro called.

''I said out, di ba?'' Miel answered, his voice holding a subtle sarcasm. When he noticed Hiro's frown he continued with a soft voice, ''Star gazing. I'll be back before you know it.''

''Ingat. Baka mapagtripan ka ng manananggal.''

He only waved before closing the door.

***

The corner of Miel's lips twitched as he observed his most favorite constellation in the sky: Scorpius. It was dark enough that the stars twinkled like little diamonds, and this is one of Miel's favorite kind of darkness.

He stood at the first floor's veranda as he looked up the starry filled sky. He doesn't need to climb up the roof because the campus was vast and the building were scattered, not unlike their school.

If there was only a choice, Miel wouldn't be rooming with Riel. But with his friends being friends with his brother, he was aware that his wish would only go in vain. If he was only allowed to sleep outside -- right here -- even though the cold wind almost felt like little daggers, he would.

Seeing Riel at home is too much for him. Rooming with him is becoming ridiculous. He wanted to avoid him as much as possible, but alas he couldn't.