CHAPTER 7: A Savior with an Alter Ego

Chapter 7

"A Savior with an Alter-ego"

***

ANNA'S POV

I simply stare at her and excused myself but she pulled me by my arms in a harsh motions. My eyes widen when she was about to grab my hair.

The first thing that came into my mind was self defense for I will be damned if they knew that I am wearing a fake hair by now, but that will only be mean that I will hurt her in any other way and I will be more damned.

My mind got jumble when the other girls walked near me to help her, she was now holding my hair and I have to tip-toed and hold her arms to keep the wig on my head.

My identity and safety was on the very edge of danger.

I panicked.

I have no choice but to defend myself.

I just need to explain my impulsive actions again if the guidance councilor put me into interrogation once more. She glared at me when I grab her left arm tightly.

I was about to twist it and flip her body onto the floor...

"What an ironic situation we have here,"

A sudden cool voice echoed around us. Blondie loosen her grasp from my faux hair as I saw her froze. I look around me and saw her troops froze as well. Since they are too many, they've blocked my chance to see the owner of the voice.

But I think that voice is awfully familiar...

"Lecturing a new student about bullying is bad, but you are bullying her right now," The voice continued.

I managed to walk past the wall of girls in front of me as I observe the face of the lad who is talking at this moment.

It was the President himself.

Why am I not surprise.

"And don't deny anything Rumia," He continued. "I happen to accidentally record your bullying session. If you want, we can watch it inside the Guidance councilor's room." The lad grinned as he starts fidgeting something inside his pockets until he showed his cell phone to Blondie.

"N-no need, N-nathaniel," She paused as she shifts uncomfortably. "C-can we talk about this?" Blondie asked in a gentle tone. Oh, she could actually do that?

I noticed some of the girls gawk at him. They never even move. They all look like a gawking statue.

He smiled sweetly. "About deleting the video? Hmm... I will think about that,"

"B-but..." Blondie - I mean the girl named Rumia - stammered and glance to her troops nervously, seems like they share their same situation with their leader. "L-let's go, girls, we still need to practice our new cheer for the Mighty Hawkes' championship game ahead," And then they scampered away like little rats.

That leaves me and that lad with an alter ego alone.

I raised a brow when he started chuckling. He's crazy.

"Mga uto-utong nilalang. Hindi man lang inalaman kung meron nga akong ni-record," He shakes his head disbelievingly. "Paano kasi, guilty,"

My brow rises even more. He was speaking in his native tongue, and we are the only people here, was he now into monologue?

I looked away as fast as I can the moment when he took a glance at me. He started walking towards me, I simply fixed myself and my fake hair, secretly shifted it in its right place.

"Are you okay, Anna-san?" He stopped before me, his voice full of concern.

I glance at him out of the sudden. I eyed him suspiciously.

The reason why I knocked this lad off was concerning, specifically, my name. He just asked my name and told me he'll follow me until he dies.

It was yesterday.

But today, he already knew my name. Again. What the hell is wrong with this lad? I'm really confused as hell.

I looked at his face on cue. On his right eye, to be precise.

A sudden question bothered my mind. I just punched his right eye; it would leave a notable mark, he should look like a panda, similar to his appearance yesterday.

That confused me even more seeing that his right eye was perfectly fine that no one would suspect it was as dark as a night for only a couple of hours ago. And that was only yesterday.

Wait. What is this? Is he a vampire? A werewolf? An incubus? Some kind of a mage elf or something with magical powers that could heal himself in a matter of seconds?

What in a strawberries sake am I thinking?

"Where's your black eye?" I blurted out before my mind could stop it from spilling. (Japanese)

The look on his face is indescribable. He looked like he was shocked and amused at the same time that he has no idea what to choose so he let it out by a chortle.

"You find that funny?" I asked with a glare. (Japanese)

"N-no!" He said between his struggles to keep himself from laughing. "To tell you the truth, I find that quite amusing. I just saved you from that group of cheerleaders. But instead of offering me a simple 'thanks', your concern was the black eye,"

I crossed my arms when he started laughing again. "My question is not funny, mister. Besides that, your sense of timing is quite dramatic I noticed. You managed to saved me when they were about to do something. Or worse, the moment when they have already done something," I pursed my lips. "What? Do you intend to join police department someday?" (Japanese)

"Haha. Your sarcasm is quite amusing as well, Anna-san," He grinned. "I was on the rooftop when I heard someone screaming. I planned to ignore it and continue my sleep when her certain words strained on my ears. About bullying the student president, to be exact..."

I frown with his words. Why is he talking like he was not the President himself?

"...Since the news about a new Japanese student that goes by the name of Morris Anna punching the President has been spreading like a mysterious virus around campus, I suddenly realized that it was you they're bullying. So I hurried down to rescue you," He scratched the back of his head, my eyes widen a little when I noted a fresh scratches on the back of his arm, beside his elbow.

But something is still not right...

"And yes," He said. "I plan of joining the law enforcement one of these days." He muttered only to himself.

"Nani?"

"Wala," He smiled. I simply raised a brow. "And to answer your early question, I have no black eye."

I frowned.

That raised my confusion more. There is something wrong here. I know it. I gave him a scoff and roll of eyes to hide my perplexity. "Don't be ridiculous. I just smacked you. You're supposed to-" (Japanese)

"I think you're misunderstanding things, Anna-san," He glances at me with an awkward smile.

"And what do you mean by that?" I asked. The whole thing is confusing me, to say the least. (Japanese)

"W-well..." He stuttered, he scratched his head again as he tries to avoid my eyes. "I have a brother,"

Eh?

"So?" I spat. "What does your brother has to do with the issue?" (Japanese)

"The president..." He continued without looking at me.

EH?

"The president is my brother."

***

A/N: Whoa, I can't believe it. I already have 1k+ reads. o.o Here's the gift! :) Thank you for reading!