Chapter 42-Arguments, More Mystery and Meeting the North Wind

I can't believe I haven't updated since last year omg. That's so bad and I'm so sorry. I had prelims at the start of this month and did surprisingly well in English (70%) whoop! All this writing is really paying off :3

And a big up for 8K!! That is a mad amount of numbers and it's crazy to know you're all still reading when I barely ever update so that's just incredible. Thank you :D

Anywayssss onto the story!

A short summary;
This is a chapter in which Mary suddenly disappears, searching for a witch to "cure" her problem. Snow agrees to meet Bigby's father, the infamous North Wind and things happen which are pretty intense.

You know what just read and then you'll see XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Snow|

It was really quiet. Mary had been gone for a few days, which really seemed to send Bigby on edge. He looked for her every night, but with no success. It was as if she had disappeared off the face of the planet.

But things were quiet without her, no doubt. At least Bigby wasn't fighting 24/7.

He always looked so sad without her though. I could't blame him - his childhood friend had left him without no word whatsoever. Apparently she left her phone too so there was no way anyone could contact her.

Poor Bigby.

On one of our daily walks through the forest, he seemed distant. But not the I'm-missing-Mary kind of distant, a different kind.

He noticed me staring and sighed quietly. I was about to ask what was wrong when a rustling in the trees brought us to a deadly standstill. Bigby eyed the trees suspiciously, and my breathing hitched. If it was Brandish again...

It was something completely different. Bella, who was the doe I nursed back to health after she was hit by a car, had come to see me after what seemed like forever. I vaguely remember seeing her just before talking to Mary which led to that big fight in the woods all those months ago. Ah, nostalgia.

Bigby seized his behaviour but still looked tense. Bella eyed him in the same manner before hastily making her way towards me. I held out my hand to stroke her.

After sniffing my hand in curiosity, she head-butted it in happiness, obviously remembering who I was. I couldn't help but smile as she lovingly nuzzled her head into my side, and I could feel Bigby's eyes watching us from afar. Both with confusion and curiosity.

"She's a cute one, huh? Her name is Bella, also one of my oldest friends believe it or not," I tried to lighten the mood and gestured for him to come over. But when he did, Bella tensed.

"Snow, you should probably know one obvious thing about me. Animals and I don't get along, especially...deer," Bigby stated as he and Bella had a staring contest. It was so strange to watch a wolf and a deer be so close without some sort of chase.

"Bigby, she'll like you once she gets to know you. Think about it this way; if Mary has the possibility and potential to leave you for a few days considering how much she loves you, anything is possible," He sighed at her name, but let me hold his hand out to stroke Bella. She seemed quite content, and even started to lovingly head-butt Bigby after a few moments.

He eventually came around, and you would never see him happier than before Mary left. Sure, it was strange to see a deer and a wolf become friends, but at least Bigby was happy and I made the impossible, possible. I think it brought a newfound warmth to all our hearts.